News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Speeder #16946 with crane and work cart

Started by JEL1948, February 27, 2020, 05:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEL1948

Just got this model. Put it on my DCC track with Digitrax DCS 51 throttle....assigned loco #3 because its DC. It just sits there and hums. No movement fwd or reverse. I think I've done everything right but this little speeder is a 'no go' right now. Any ideas?

Len

If it's a DC locomotive it will not have a default address of 3 the way a DCC loco new out of the box will have.

From the Zephyr manual:
2.5 Select & run non-DCC locomotives
1. To select a non-DCC equipped (Analog) locomotive to run, look at the main group of keys on the front panel. Locate the one labeled "LOCO".
2. Press this key ONCE, enter "00" and press "LOCO" once again. You have selected a locomotive to run!
3. To run the locomotive, place the locomotive on your layout, move the Direction/Brake lever to either 'FORWARD" or "REVERSE", depending on which way you want the locomotive to move, and slowly turn the Throttle clockwise until the locomotive starts to move.
4. If your locomotive runs in the opposite direction of the throttle setting, turn the locomotive around.
5. To stop the locomotive, either turn the Throttle back to "STOP," or shift the Direction/Brake lever to "BRAKE".

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

bapguy

Note: running DC locos on DCC will eventually burn out the motors.     Joe

JEL1948

Thanks. 00 works. Now some lube and running to do.

rich1998

Try to squeeze a DZ126 decoder into it. They are quite small. Cut the leads shorter.
Even a DZ125 if you can find one. I think a little smaller. I have used two of them.
Google both for size.
Ebay should have the DZ125.
I think TCS has a tiny decoder.

Rich

rich1998

Quote from: JEL1948 on February 29, 2020, 12:50:10 PM
Thanks. 00 works. Now some lube and running to do.

If you get adventurous, here is a link to add DCC. Running on 00 can be hard on the motor. I use to do it.
You could probably use the DZ126T. Thw size is online.

https://tcsdcc.com/installation/ho-scale/1245

Rich