Reversing Loop vs Auto Reversing Track

Started by Ljmoray, March 01, 2020, 11:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljmoray

Hi!

I am totally new to model railroading and DCC.  I do have a layout that I'd like to build and would have an auto-reversing loop.  From what I can gather I need to use the 44597 9" auto reversing terminal tracks, but I am wondering if the 44598 and 44548 and 44549 tracks can also be used or are these specific to the auto reversing trolley set up? I like the 44598 18" auto reversing track as it would allow me to place the auto reversing track immediately adjacent to my turn out, THX

jward

You are confusing the autoreversing track as used to send a trolley back and forth along a stub ended line with what you need for reversing loops. They are not the same. As a matter of fact, the autoreversing track is not intended for use with DCC.

The component you are looking for to automate operation of reverse loops in catalog number 44912 Automatic reversing loop module. Be aware you will need to gap BOTH rails at each end of your loop section in order to use this or any other form of controlling a reversing loop. I would suggest you familiarize yourself with reverse loop wiring particularly the placement of the gaps. If they're not placed correctly you will have a dead short that can damage your Dcc command station.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA