News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Needing a motor

Started by Geeraider, March 09, 2020, 10:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geeraider

I'm looking for a Bachmann pancake style motor HO scale for a dda40x number 6922 Union Pacific locomotive

jonathan

G,

It is, maybe, a slight exaggeration to say that pancake motors have not been manufactured for nearly 40 years.  Even if you were lucky enough to find one that fits, you'd pay too much for it... AND it wouldn't run for very long.

That being said:  I notice, online, that there are tons of DDa40X models available in HO; mostly UP, and with better operating systems. If you are willing to pay just a little more, you'd be much happier, I'm sure.  

Trust me, trying fix something with old, used parts can be frustrating and expensive.

For what it's worth...

Regards,

Jonathan

Len

G,

What Jonathan said. And if you can find an early two can motor unit it will pull a house, well a 120 car freight at any rate, with no wheel slippage at all. Assuming you access to a layout large enough to do that.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Geeraider

Well if i cant find one Bachmann does have what i need to upgrade the motors and trucks at a very reasonable price!

Terry Toenges

If you are interested in rebuilding your pancake motor, this is a three part video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IfkrFQOtuE
Feel like a Mogul.

Geeraider

I have an operating motor now,,just trying to find another so she can have dual motors again and haul some cars!!

rich1998

You could also do a search for How to repower a Bachmann HO DD40X.

I did find info.

Rich.

Geeraider

I have Bachmann got what I need to repower it the trucks the motors and the drive shafts

Geeraider

I went to eBay from that link that you gave me I ordered it now it's on its way we're going to see what's going to happen when I get it hopefully I can modify it into the dd40ax

Thanks Greg

Terry Toenges

Keep us posted. I hope you can make it work.
Feel like a Mogul.

rich1998

We would like to hear.
Experimenting has always been fun for me over the years. Did a few HO motor, gear box jobs.
Retired mechanic.

Rich

Geeraider

I will let y'all know of the progress thank y'all

Geeraider

I now have two more Bachmann dd40ax's number 6922 is coming in ,,something's going to work,,ooohh cher i garauntee!!

Geeraider

Did'nt i say somethings gotta work,,,just finished installing the 2nd pancake motor in the DD40AX and cher she is pulling now and i also have a spare pancake motor!!
"SUCCESS"  ;D  :o   8)