News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

SCHEMATIC OF N SCALE 4-6-0 DCC

Started by bobg, March 18, 2020, 04:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobg

CAN'T FIND THE SCHEMATIC TO THE ENGINE. DCC INSTALLED BY BACHMANN BOUGHT ON EBAY. ANYONE HAVE DIRECTIONS?
EMAIL BOBGALLIAN@HOTMAIL.COM

THANKS

James in FL

Not sure why you can't find it.
The information is here, you have to look for it.
It will require some effort on your part.

rich1998

I found this in the diagram page. When I put a decoder in I put a 1k, 1/8 watt resistor in series with one lead for the LED lights

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/N_BALDWIN_4-6-0_EXPLODE_DRAWING_N514X_(1).pdf

Rich

willyhenry29

Hello. Did you install a sound decoder? I see in one of the other posts on the n scale 4-6-0 that someone installed digitrax sdxn136ps .

rich1998

A DZ126 should work. Made for Z, N and ho scale. No plug.

Rich

DaveGard

I have two of the 4-6-0s... nice little locos. On the first, I installed a Soundtraxx Tsunami 2 decoder and sugarcube speaker in a Bachmann Spectrum series USRA SHORT tender. If I can fit sound into a USRA short, it should be no problem fitting them into the USRA medium tender that comes with the 4-6-0, especially if you completely strip out the factory decoder/PCB.

The other is currently equipped with the USRA medium tender (with DCC Economi sound) from my Bachmann 2-8-0 (the 2-8-0 got a MP vandy tender with tsunami 2 sound). Eventually, it (the 4-6-0) will either get a MP vandy tender or a USRA short, again also Tsunami 2 sound.

rich1998

I know the specs on those decoders as I worked with Tsunami Micros which were slightly larger I think but never worked with N scale.
Great work.

Rich