News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Just looking for help

Started by Mims36, March 28, 2020, 02:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mims36

So I have the Bachmann ez command control and I have 3 locomotives that all work with it with no problem And none are Bachmann(sorry it's you don't have any Lehigh valley gp38's or gp7 their scenes). I just got two used locos that aren't Bachmann and are dcc ,but they are used and I don't know their home address(not 1-9 on the controller). Does anyone know how to reset them to default 3?

rich1998

EZ Command cannot reset them. You can program to a number you want. Follow the instructions in the manual.

Rich

Mims36

I don't have a manual(second hand), I tried googling, I tried watching videos, and nothing has showed or helped.

Hunt

Mims36,

Click Here for E-Z Command Setup and Programming Instructions.

Use  REPROGRAMMING DECODERS WITH PREVIOUSLY ASSIGNED DIGITAL ADDRESSES on page 3

Trainman203

Terry Toenges

PROGRAMMING A LOCOMOTIVE TO A SPECIFIC ADDRESS
Your E-Z Command Control Center features ten programmable control buttons or "addresses." By default, most new DCC-equipped locomotives are factory-programmed to respond to commands on address 3.
To program your locomotive to another address, activate the locomotive by running it a short distance. Next, press and hold down button 3, the locomotive's default address (figure 9) AND THEN AT THE SAME TIME, press the "Stop" button (figure 10), then release both buttons together. The power LED will flash quickly to indicate you're in programming mode.
Choose a new address for your locomotive and press the corresponding button. The locomotive will move slightly (figure 11) and the power LED will flash slowly to indicate that you have successfully programmed your locomotive to its new address. Finally, press the"Stop" button to exit programming mode. After you've programmed all your locomotives, you can individually control each of them by pressing the numbered button you have assigned to that particular locomotive.
A removable two-column sheet is located between the numbered buttons so you can identify which locomotive is assigned to each button. For your convenience, extra blank sheets are included with your system (figure 12).
REPROGRAMMING DECODERS WITH PREVIOUSLY ASSIGNED DIGITAL ADDRESSES
You can use the E-Z Command system to control locomotives that have a previously assigned digital address other than number 3. If the previously assigned address is a number less than 10, follow the directions we've just described to assign a new address to a locomotive decoder. Just substitute the locomotive's original digital address number for the number 3 in the standard programming procedure.
However, if the locomotive's digital address is a number higher than 10,  you can reprogram it by following this procedure: First, remove all locomotives from the layout. Next, follow the standard E-Z Command programming procedures as described in the"Programming a Locomotive to a Specific Address" section (but without any locomotive on the track), including pushing and holding down the number 3 button and the "Stop" button.
At this point, you're ready to assign a new digital address to the locomotive. Simply place the subject locomotive on the track and assign a new address by pressing a numbered E-Z Command button (1 to 9). The locomotive will move slightly to signal that you have successfully assigned a new, lower address. Finally, push the "Stop" button to exit the programming mode and begin operating your locomotive at its new digital address.
Feel like a Mogul.

Hunt

Quote from: Trainman203 on March 29, 2020, 09:41:11 AM
Get one of these.  You'll never be sorry you did.

https://www.broadway-limited.com/1020-Address-Changer.aspx

There are reports of decoder with Keep-Alives programming problems using a BLI-1020 Address Changer.  Not aware of a workaround.

Trainman203

Let's have one when available.  Nothing like a real report. The address changer has been a miracle thing for me with no keep alive.

rich1998

Quote from: Mims36 on March 28, 2020, 08:24:43 PM
I don't have a manual(second hand), I tried googling, I tried watching videos, and nothing has showed or helped.

Sorry. My bad. Forgot you were new here and did not know where Bachmann hid the manual.

rRich

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

Mims36

Everyone thank you for the help. Both locomotives are now reprogrammed. They both run well too(second hand). I would like to  eventually upgrade, but money is going towards changing a room around for twins and preparing for them to  arrive. So until everything with that preparation is complete I will just continue using this  controller. Again really I thank everyone and it's also to have friendly people like this in any hobby. Stay healthy with this craziness out there currently.

rich1998

I am glad to see everything is ok. Good luck. I know it seems like it is the 97th of Marc h but hang in.
Time's fun when you are having flies.
Rich