News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Spectrum Rugged Ridge Set

Started by RailMan63, March 30, 2020, 02:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailMan63

I did some extensive research on her, and she has quite an interesting history.The Bumblebee was just dress up for the Chicago Railroad Fair. I guess that it was just cheaper to keep her that way.
Did you know they named her the Buttercup for the fair, and applied a fictional road name to her? It was " Cripple Creek & Tin Cup Railroad".
Silly.
According to the Gunnison Pioneer Museum, they now call her "Cinderella".
I guess that's better than "Buttercup".

RailMan63

The #268 arrived yesterday(05-08-20). It's everything that I hoped would be. The sound system works and sounds great. It's definitely in like new condition.
I'm looking forward to giving her a good run on my newly extended track system later today.I bought 11 new straight sections of Bachmann E-Z track with the black road bed on Ebay , and they also arrived in yesterdays mail.
I'll be setting up a dual track, and will probably run her along with my 4-6-0 instead of one of the 2 moguls. She'll get the Bumblebee cars, and the 4-6-0  will get the Pullman Green combine and coach.
I was hoping to have the new observation car repainted and ready by now, but there was an unexpected problem with my Master airbrush, so I had to replace it with  a new one made by KKMoon. It's cheap, but I only need it to last through this one paint job.It will not be here until the 14th,which is kind of a bummer, but there's not much that can be done about it.
I also bought a brand new Bachmann Spectrum D&RGW gondola on Ebay yesterday. It only cost me $40.00,so that was a good deal. It's intended to be for the #268 as that locomotive was a freight engine, and I intend on buying  a dedicated freight train for it that will have the exact same type of cars that are currently attached to the real #268 in Gunnison,Colorado.
I also have bids on a long D&RGW caboose, and a D&RGW/Rio Grande boxcar. They're both in kit form, so it should be fun putting them together if I win the bidding on them.
We'll see!

RailMan63

Ok. Final post and video on the BLI #268.
This is it's first run on my limited layout. I hope that you will all enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIX6EKZZ780