News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

F7 AA Operation

Started by gbarriere, April 07, 2020, 09:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbarriere

I am a Lionel operator that hasn't run multiple operating units. I found Williams F7 AA & BB units and wanted to run them. I put on the track to run. I wasn't able to get them working together to go in the same direction. Can someone help me understand how to set up my units to do this?

Len

Normally WBB F7 AA sets come as a powered unit and a dummy, and the B-units are dummies, so there's not problem 'double or triple  heading'. If upgrade kits have been added to make the dummy units powered, it may take wiring the units together so they all operate off one reverse board.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

gbarriere

My F7 A A Units are both powered. My B units are a dummy and a sound  car.
So I still need to under stand how to run the AA units together.

plas man

if the A units are DCC , you need to program one to run cab forward , and the other to run long hood forward .
check with your controller instructions . (the Bachmann EZ command is capable to set this).

trainyardjp

JP, of Acton MA USA writes,

To my knowledge, any / all products produced under the Williams by Bachmann O gauge line, are not DCC (or any command control) equipped. They are all conventional (non-command) controlled.
Anyway, if you have 2 powered A units that you want to run 'back to back', one method would be to reverse the wiring of the motors in one A unit, so it runs Reverse / Neutral / Forward, while the other A unit runs Forward / Neutral / Reverse. Or, if the A units are equipped with direction 'lock-out' switches, lock one unit in Forward, lock the other unit in Reverse.

Hope this helps.
-JP
-JP