News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Any New Project, Mr. Bach Man?

Started by tedyarbrough, April 17, 2020, 08:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tedyarbrough

Dearest Bach Man,
Are you working on any new projects for us large scalers while we are all stuck inside? Send photos, please.
Hopeful for new 4-6-0 photos! Waiting by the station:)
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

tedyarbrough

Hey Bach Man,
On one of the large hobby shops in NYC web site, they have the following info:
Bachmann #91801 D&RGW 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive. This is a back-order item and is not currently in stock.
It will be shipped when we receive it from the manufacturer and you will be charged at that time.
Date due: 09/30/2020
Do you have any more info? This could be exciting news!
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

tedyarbrough

Even seems to be available now or soon on the Bachmann online store:

The 4-6-0 is now available in a DCC- and Sound-Ready version that features an advanced nonproprietary plug-and-play circuit board to accommodate the control system of your choice, including conventional DC power, NMRA/NEM DCC, and/or RC operation.  Equipped with factory-installed speakers, it is ready for the addition of plug-and-play prototypical sound. (Plug-and-Play Sound Module available separately for sound-on-board performance.) It also features metal gears, a new tender, operating headlight, smoke, metal siderods, separate piping, and all metal handrails.

Any updates?

Mark Oles

Ted,

All I saw was they dropped the planned PRR one from their list. Kept the two D&RGW ones, so you better buy both!!

tedyarbrough

Mark,
That is my plan! Just as soon as available. Mr. Bach Man, any word?
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi All,

Indeed the PRR version was dropped and is not in the catalog.  Delivery is already way behind schedule,  lets hope they actually become available by September 2020 as stated by Trainworld.  The photos in the Bachmann catalog do not seem to be of the new models which will have the new tender. It will be very interesting to see the new loco.  It is advertised as a "new addition to the Big Hauler line"  but not as an Annie or Big Hauler.   This will be the first 4-6-0 with the plug and play socket which will allow DC, DCC, RC control. and equipped with the new tender.

I will identify it as the Version 7 Chassis as soon as I get one and include all the new identifying features.

Looks like we will have to come up with a new nickname 8) 8)for it to differentiate it from the Big Hauler and Annie 4-6-0.  My mind is blank!! How about some suggestions from you regular Forum members?? 

Cheers & Beers,

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

tedyarbrough

Tennie. Big Ten, or T. Wheel maybe? Playing on the Big Hauler, how about Super Hauler?

Loco Bill Canelos

Big Ten 4-6-0 or Superhauler 4-6-0 look good to me so far
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

charon

We have Annie 4-6-0, how about Arnie 4-6-0?  Time some loco's get male names.  Or how about Big Ten Tootsie?
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

Mark Oles

How about Trainy McTrainface?

Be careful what you wish for!  We got time on our hands...

Original big hauler is what? 1987?  Close enough to the 25th anniversary. 

We'll call her Silver. Hi-ho, Silver!

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/22/world/europe/boaty-mcboatface-what-you-get-when-you-let-the-internet-decide.html