News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Question about a Spectrum 3-truck Shay

Started by dgpreacher, May 01, 2020, 09:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgpreacher

Is the Spectrum 80 ton 3-truck Shay locomotive DCC-ready? HO scale, Model 81901. That is, does it have the 8-pin DCC socket factory installed?

I looked for the answer on this forum, but if it's on here, I couldn't find it. TIA!

James in FL

Seek and you shall find "preacher"
The answer is in the exploded view.

dgpreacher

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I don't have an "exploded" view to consult.

rich1998

Welcome.

First of all it is not advisable to use your email address in the body of a message. The are some who use "Bots" that scan the Internet looking for email addresses to send Scam messages.

At the below link you can find the link to see the socket for a decoder for both Shays,
Do take time and look over "All" the Bachmann site. Many new people never do.
Search that diagram page. They are right there. Click on the Plus sign. Learn to use the Bachmann site.
70 and 80 ton.

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/references.php

Rich

dgpreacher

Thank you. Sorry for being dense. I'm still a work in progress!

rich1998

Good. You will get there. If new to DCC, it can be a challenge.
You can see there is not much room for a decoder. Decoder companies show the size of decoders on line, with and without plugs. Some come with a short harness. The low end Bachmann decoder is good size. I had one.
Digitrax. NCE and TCS sell small decoders with a a plug.
Some have the pins attached right to the decoder. Google those companies for details.
Sound is another story. You could Google sound decoder install for your loco. Good chance you will find some results. Maybe even on You Tube.

Rich