News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New On30 2-6-0 Video

Started by RailMan63, April 19, 2020, 08:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailMan63

Hi, guys!
Just a couple of questions, and link to my newly posted youtube video showcasing my two Bachmann 2-6-0 Moguls.
First, the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu5n6HDeZXI
Please note that these 2 trains are not historically accurate representations of trains that were/are actually operated on the D&RGW , or Durango & Silverton lines! Yes, Ton,I'm talking to you my friend! LOL!
Now for the questions:
These trains have been derailing at higher speeds than what you see them running at in my video. I believe that it's due to their perhaps needing a larger amount of weight in either the cars, or tenders.
They always derail at the tender/combine when the train passes over the rerailer, so I'm pretty sure that it's also a contributing factor to the problem.
The rerailer does not rerail the train,either.
I've noticed my H.O. scale trains also having a problem with the E-Z track rerailers as well,so perhaps a more traditional style of H.O. track will fix the problem?
Also, I recently replaced/ upgraded the couplers on 2 of the 5 cars with Kadee #148 "whisker" knuckle couplers. These couplers don't spring back into position like the original Bachmann E-Z Mate couplers do.
So, did I buy the wrong Kadee's, or is it just that way with these couplers? They still seem to hold on just as well as the originals did/do.
Lastly, the lights flicker pretty badly on all 5 of these cars. The track is clean, but the flickering is a problem.
Is there any way to solve this,short of taking them apart and replacing the lights with LED's, bridge rectifiers, and condensers like I did for my Bachmann G Scale Jackson Sharp cars?
Thanks guys!

Ton N

you are forgiven..... ;D
Anyway the gauge is also wrong so.....
Love the trains , hate the track.
I use PECO 0n16.5 flex and switches.

Ton

RailMan63

Thank you, Ton. I was about to buy the BLI #268, but I went on a medical LOA from my work due to the threat posed by the Covid-19 virus. My job is public contact heavy, and my doctor put me off work for at least the next 30 days. Bummer. But better safe than sorry.
I did find one in almost new condition, with the box , for $268.00 otd.
Not bad.
I might try some old TYco track that I have in a set in my storage.
Unfortunately, it's currently in our storage bin, 200 miles away from where I live.
Oh well. I guess that the E-Z track will have to work for now. I'll just run them a little solw to prevent derailments.
Andrew