Repair status - unanswered email

Started by jcfreitas614, April 22, 2020, 09:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcfreitas614

Hello. I sent my son's train for repair prior to the shutdown. No one is answering the phone or responding to my email. Customer service is still possible during a time of social distancing. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to get in touch with someone at Bachmann in PA? Certainly, they have some staff assigned to field inquiries and fill orders.

Len

The on-line store and parts order web pages both have messages at the top saying they are closed until the shut down is lifted. I seriously doubt repairing toy trains is considered an "essential business". And having run a repair shop myself, the exact status of a repair isn't always entered into a computer until it's completed. Making pulling up the status of a specific repair from home not an easy thing to do. Especially with the number of repairs Bachmann handles.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jcfreitas614

There are plenty of non-essential businesses that provide customer service in the form of email or other communication. Maybe Bachmann can come out of this with some new procedures. I'm sure you understand that not having at least a confirmation that a $200 train was received by the company can be a little unsettling. That's all I am looking for. Thanks for the response though.

Len

I repaired mostly O-gauge trains, which can really get expensive. I didn't have time to notify every customer who sent me something, rather than dropping it off in person, I received it. So my policy was for them to request delivery confirmation from the carrier.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

James in FL

Hi jcfreitas614,

Quotenot having at least a confirmation that a $200 train was received by the company can be a little unsettling.

Return receipt is always an option when sending anything through the USPS.
You would have had your conformation if it was received by Bachmann.

I wouldn't raise an eyebrow before 90 days turnaround, maybe even twice that.
Right now repair of a toy train is probably way down the priority list.
Patience young Grasshopper.  ;)

jward

Here in Pennsylvania all non essential businesses have been ordered shutdown until at leas May 8. That would include Bachmann's repair business. Once this virus thing is over i'd try contacting them. Seriously, there is so much stuff shut down here that i can't even buy a bottle of rum.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Chastity

As indicated, always tracking with return recript.  I had to send an Fn3 live  steamer for repair, trust me that baby was tracked, return receipted and insured and professionally packed. 

Quentin

I live in Oklahoma, and I believe we have a Bachmann shop here in Tulsa (it might be lionel, I don't remember :D), and it is closed until our governor and mayor gives the "ok" to open back up. I sent in a train before the shutdown, and that thing was professionally packed, tracked, and received, only because I delivered it to them!!. I think your train will be alright in a store that is locked up tight. You should get an email or call from them as soon as they are open, and then your train will get fixed. Don't worry though: they should replace the train if it gets lost by their shipping department.

p.s.- I got the 4-8-4 Frisco Meteor steamer (the bright blue one?) replaced by them when it was broken by their shippers here in tulsa (gotta love them delivery trucks, am I right?!?) and that thing costs $900! (#limitededition baby!) They will easily replace a $200 train if it gets lost or broken.

-Quentin
We're...
A...
GREAT BIG ROLLIN RAILROAD, one that EVERYBODY KNOWS