We need a nickname for the new 4-6-0 with the PNP socket and new tender

Started by Loco Bill Canelos, April 29, 2020, 09:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi All,
We have all been waiting for the arrival of the new loco as identified in the 2020 catalog as 91801, 91803-91805.  Delivery is already way behind schedule,  lets hope they actually become available by September 2020 as stated by Trainworld.  The photos in the Bachmann catalog do not seem to be of the new models which will have the new tender. It will be very interesting to see the new loco.  It is advertised as a "new addition to the Big Hauler line"  but not as an Annie or Big Hauler.   This will be the first 4-6-0 with the plug and play socket which will allow DC, DCC, RC control. and equipped with the new tender.

I will identify it as the Version 7 Chassis as soon as I get one and include all the new identifying features.

Looks like we will have to come up with a new nickname for it to differentiate it from the Big Hauler and Annie 4-6-0.  My mind is blank!! How about some suggestions from you regular Forum members??

Some guys have already came up with some ideas. tedyarbrough has come up with Tennie. Big Ten, or T. Wheel maybe? Playing on the Big Hauler, how about Super Hauler? and charon has come up with We have Annie 4-6-0, how about Arnie 4-6-0?  Time some loco's get male names.  Or how about Bid Ten Tootsie?
Chuck

So come up with your ideas or support the ones already selected.   When we get a few we like ww can have a vote on which one to use.

Cheers & Beers,

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Greg Elmassian

Traditionally, the "version" or "generation" has been linked to the chassis, specifically the geartrain.

Has the geartrain or chassis actually been changed, or is this just wiring in the tender?

Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

StanAmes

Based on Greg's suggestion perhaps calling this version a Barry would be appropriate

Stan

Greg Elmassian

I think no matter what we decide, for at least a while it will be a PNP Big Hauler, since having the socket will be seen as the primary improvement and advantage.

Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

Fred2179

Call it a SevenWheeler if it really has a new chassis?

I hope that "new tender" has smaller rivets!

Joe Zullo

Quote from: Fred2179 on May 23, 2020, 10:24:17 AM
\
I don't get it Fred. A 4-6-0 is a 10 wheeler. Why would you call a new version a 7 wheeler?

Stokerman

Just offering up a bit of "tongue in cheek" humor, with no disrespect intended, but also mirroring the situations we have been seeing in this sector of the hobby of late, I'd offer:

The Unicorn .... a mythical beast.

The Big "Wait" Hauler. (or maybe just "The Wait")

The Ghost of Future's Past.

or perhaps

The Seventh Coming, of the Savior of the Big Hauler.

Okay, that last one was too irreverent.
Are we having fun yet???

Loco Bill Canelos

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Joe Zullo

Personally, I'm not buying one no matter what it's called. I already have more than enough Bachmann ten wheelers!  ::)

Fred2179

Quote from: Joe Zullo on May 23, 2020, 02:47:08 PM
\
I don't get it Fred. A 4-6-0 is a 10 wheeler. Why would you call a new version a 7 wheeler?

Because it is Version/Generation Seven.

Joe Zullo

Quote from: Fred2179 on June 07, 2020, 09:58:58 AM
Quote from: Joe Zullo on May 23, 2020, 02:47:08 PM
\

Because it is Version/Generation Seven.

Now you are just being silly!  ???