We need a nickname for the new 4-6-0 with the PNP socket and new tender

Started by Loco Bill Canelos, April 29, 2020, 09:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill Canelos

Ted,

I too have tickets and hope to meet up with you there.  If you are stopping in Denver, I will try to get you a back scenes tour of the Colorado RR Museum, no guarantees tho.  Send any other related emails to my email account or by private message!!

Best, Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Danimal

Quote from: the Bach-man on January 17, 2021, 09:31:22 PM
Well, I guess I'll have to get two; Billy and Teddy!

I hope they have an Excellent Adventure when they run together.

tedyarbrough

Mr Bach-man, Loco Bill and all,
Do we yet have an 'official' name for the about to be arriving 4-6-0? I would feel VERY honored to have the name Teddy given to the two Rio Grande versions (and maybe future D&RG and RGS paints) and I am sure Loco Bill would be equally honored to have the other schemes called Billy. I am excited to actually SEE these Thursday in Nashville.
Happy Rails to You
Teddy Y

Loco Bill Canelos

I am looking for a single nickname for all the new loco's as a group, so more like Anniversary 4-6-0 and Big Hauler 4-6-0, but something that reflects the new loco.  I am not in love with any of the ideas specifically, so suggestions are welcome.

Loco Bill

Joe Zullo

Quote from: Greg Elmassian on May 01, 2020, 05:25:56 PM
I think no matter what we decide, for at least a while it will be a PNP Big Hauler, since having the socket will be seen as the primary improvement and advantage.

Greg
I think Greg's idea makes the most sense without blowing one's OWN horn!  :-\

tedyarbrough

All,
The new 4-6-0 is a very updated Annie. The last version produced has the new pilot truck. This version has the plug-n-play with new tender molds and details. I would agree with the PNP Annie as a name.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

the Bach-man

Mark Oles

Greg Elmassian

Since most people track the versions as version number or generation number I will call it gen 7.... with the PNP socket as this is a big improvement.
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

Loco Bill Canelos

In My Chassis identification I will call it Version six, since the chassis is exactly like the existing version six.  To differientat between the Pnp model I will call it Version six A  with the tender load and trucks as the identifying items

Greg Elmassian

I completely understand Bill, our nomenclatures differ because yours are chassis specific, and I look at it for the total feature content, although early models were mostly predicated on the geartrain changes.

I get ya!

Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi All,

So thanks to chassis input from Stan Ames I will call it Version 7 in the chassis ID. Chasity and Greg have both suggested PNP in a new nickname, and Bachmann in the catalog identifies it as a new product in the Big Hauler line, and definitely not as an ANNIE upgrade so I will go with their suggestions and call it the PNP Big Hauler 4-6-0, or PNP 4-6-0.  Thanks to Greg and Chastity!!

Bill

tedyarbrough

Loco Bill and all,
Very good decision. I know you put a lot of research and thought into it. While it appears same as the Generation 6 chassis form just initial observations, the new version does have Pittman motor and possibly a flickering firebox light (these may be hard to distinguish from simple examination of exterior of loco). In any event, we soon will have another excellent locomotive from Bachmann.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted
(It will still be hard to call this locomotive a Big Hauler)

Loco Bill Canelos

Ted, Group,

If PNP Big Hauler 4-6-0 is acceptable to most members, then lets agree to start using it to keep things consistent when we refer to it. 

If it does have firebox flicker, that would be a great way to identify the new PNP Big Hauler 4-6-0 when a power source is available.  So if anyone can confirm it please do so and I will add it to the ID info. 

Bach-man, Inside Track, members, can you confirm??

Bill