News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Power booster

Started by Terry Toenges, May 03, 2020, 05:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

With the Bachmann Power Booster, I've seen two part numbers - 44910 and 36-520. Are these the same thing? Is one a newer model?
Feel like a Mogul.

bapguy

Looks like the 36-520 is the European version of the 44910. Not sure if interchangeable because of different power input.    Joe

rich1998

I would Google DCC boosters for features. Not all are the same. Prices and features vary.
Some have been disappointed by their choice.

Rich

Terry Toenges

Thanks for the answers guys. Joe - That's kind of what I thought - That the other number was European.
Does anyone know if Bachmann makes a wire to connect a Bachmann DC controller to the E-Z Command unit?  I couldn't find one in their on-line store.
There is a hole in the E-Z Command to connect a DC controller. The hole in there is smaller than the output hole (to track) on Bachmann's DC controller so the E-Z Commnad end would have to have a smaller plug on that end
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

Rich - Is there a problem with Bachmann's Booster? I decided to just stay with my E-Z Command  and buy the Bachmann booster. The E-Z is handling things pretty good but when I have 3 locos with lights and a set of lighted passenger cars, the turnout flipping gets kind of iffy. I have the turnouts mated in pairs.
I want to get the wire to hook the DC controller to the E-Z so I can run a DC loco too without having to use the E-Z to control the speed of it.
I put my MRC Prodigy Elite on Ebay and already have a bid on it. I can buy the booster and have a $100 left over.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

My MRC on Ebay closes tomorrow so I have it sold to a guy. I ordered the Bachmann booster on-line. I figure if I need more whistles and bells than what the E-Z Command with the booster gives me, I can buy the Dynamis. I found the wire on-line to connect the DC controller to the E-Z Command.
Feel like a Mogul.