News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tourist Road Names

Started by prr22, May 08, 2020, 09:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prr22

Hello!  I understand that there have been lots of posts asking about short line road name products, and I hate to admit it but I guess this is another one of them.  Are there any plans to make any sort of motive power or rolling stock for short/tourist lines near the local Pennsylvania area in any scale (HO specifically...), like Strasburg, Reading Blue Mountain, Wilmington & Western, etc..... as in putting a new paint job on existing tooling?  Like a Strasburg decapod or 2-8-0, or a W&W 4-4-0 or 0-6-0, or slapping a new paint job onto those 1800's era passenger cars.  I get these are very specific localized road names, but I'm just throwing it out there.  Roundhouse/Athearn made some HO Strasburg cars, but they are beyond rare and crazy expensive when you do find them.

On this topic... does anyone know of good retail decal sheets for Pennsylvania-area tourist lines?
Modeling the rolling hills from Baltimore to Pittsburg

Trainman203

I'm surprised that Strasburg doesn't have special run Strasburg lettered models to sell in the souvenir shop.

prr22

Me too... Roundhouse made some but they're really rare and expensive.  Wish there would be more of a variety of tourist line products.
Modeling the rolling hills from Baltimore to Pittsburg