News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Booster

Started by Terry Toenges, May 08, 2020, 06:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

I figured out my missing wire problem. The instruction sheet that came with the booster listed the contents. It had three wires listed -  "E-Z Command signal input wire", "Universal signal input wire", and "Track output wire". I saw the three wires in the picture I took. There is no mention of four wires. This morning, I happened to look down by the shelf behind my chair and there is the wire I thought was missing. I guess it must have fallen out somehow. Had I known there were supposed to be four wires, I would have looked around more. The contents listed three wires and I had three wires. I am disappointed there isn't a way to plug the Bachmann track wire into the booster. I'll have to cut the plug off of the track wire connector (the end that goes into E-Z Command) strip those wires to connect the track to the booster.

It's supposed to look like "A" in figure 1. I guess "B" is the red wire.

Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

I have it all hooked up now and it is working. :)
Feel like a Mogul.

Quentin

Good for you Terry! I'm glad you got it all figured out.
We're...
A...
GREAT BIG ROLLIN RAILROAD, one that EVERYBODY KNOWS

Terry Toenges

I am too. There's no mention of the red wire in the instructions or what to do with it. The red wire has the big plug so it doesn't go into the booster.
This is the bottom half of the instructions.
Feel like a Mogul.

Quentin

So, I'm 15 years old, and since ive grown up in a color-picture world, it is a little maddening to see instructions that have black and white picture say something like "commect red wire to this thing [see picture for help]). Seriously! You can't tell which wire is the red one!

That's just me ranting about random things haha :D

By the way, I FINALLY got that B&O loco working. a wire came undone!!!
We're...
A...
GREAT BIG ROLLIN RAILROAD, one that EVERYBODY KNOWS

Terry Toenges

Good thing you got it running.
Yes on the instructions. The contents listed three wires, not four wires. I had three wires in front of me (when I took the pic) and none of them were the right one. They didn't mention any colors. There is no mention of how the red wire is used. I could have spliced that to the black wire with loose ends and gotten it work but the red wire is all red so I had a only 50% chance of getting the polarity right.
Feel like a Mogul.