who sez u ain't got room for 1/20.3 scale?

Started by charon, May 13, 2020, 10:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charon

on the Large Scale Central website go to the indoor and micro forum for pic of my micro layout if you want.
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

Joe Zullo

Quote from: charon on May 13, 2020, 10:08:20 AM
on the Large Scale Central website go to the indoor and micro forum for pic of my micro layout if you want.
Chuck

charon

Joe, thank you very much for posting my pic.
The layout is 4'-5" x 3'-0" and I used Aristocraft 15" radius track. My Bachmann Climax and 45 ton diesel locomotives operate alright on the tight curves.  I still need to do scenery and track ballasting.
Regards,
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

Loco Bill Canelos

Chuck,

The mini layout looks great!  Just shows what you can do in a small space in Large scale!!! 8)

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

charon

Bill,
Thanks for your comments.
How are you doing with your indoor layout?
Can you post some pictures?
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

Loco Bill Canelos

Chuck,
You are most welcome.  I have been very lazy about getting pictures, but I will take some and post them soon.  I find that I am very poor at making scenery though.  I have been making  industry flats out of old outdoor buildings, and have had some success with that.  I also took a photo of the local refinery here in Denver and blew it up and had Office Depot print it out for me. I pasted it on the wall behind my tank car siding and it looks pretty good.  After all my outdoor layouts I am really liking the indoor layout overall.  Right now I have my more modern equipment on the layout, but next fall I will switch back to steam for awhile.  It has been a challenge to do buildings and scenery that cover both era's, but I am trying.

As for your layout I am thinking that the Davenport or the Porter would look great on it as well.

All the best,

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!