News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sound value FA-1 settings?

Started by VTBob, May 13, 2020, 07:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VTBob

Got one of these the other day, & it's awfully loud. Been trying to find the best setup in the CV #'s to set the sound levels, & this new thing I found while googling it up called Reverb?

Does anyone here have a CV list for the sound volumes/settings that seem to work best for them? I'll give them a shot to see what works best. LAyout room is a stone(field stone, 5ft thick) walled basement if you need locations for environment.

Thanks,
VTBob

((I'm in the long process of switching everything over to sound DCC simply because of the ease it is to select a loco to run without having to go box hunting, or trying to remember which way to throw the toggle switch for block control. The only toggles I plan to have is signals, with a master override from the dispatchers chair))
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

bapguy

The sound value decoders do not have reverb or the equalizer. list of CVs default values: https://soundtraxx.com/content/Reference/Factory-Installed/Bachmann/SoundValue/ho_fa2_sv.pdf
Some call them a cut down version of the Tsunami. They are not. They are made by Soundtraxx to Bachmanns specs.
  Joe

rogertra

Down load and run JMRI    You do not need to know any CVs   JMRI knows them all.

Trainman203

rich1998

JMRI hardware support if not familiar. I used the NCE Power Cab some years ago.

https://www.jmri.org/help/en/html/hardware/index.shtml

Rich

VTBob

I used the NCE Powercab cv "program on Main" function. I've heard alot about that JMRI but it seems to be fairly complicated in just trying to hook it up to a computer. I have a custom built gaming rig that doesn't have a serial port, or spare Ethernet (or) usb connector. It wasn't built with JMRI in mind, more of a powerhouse to run Star Citizen.

I'm setting up my sound decoders differently then most folks for the main layout, whereas they aren't actually in the cabs, but are in a separate control panel mounted in the side of the layout. The speaker outputs are tied into a phone cable wire that goes to the line in port of my stereo system, also mounted under the layout. I use mostly T1 decoders and simply hook the locomotives up in a consist to run the trains. I have alot of old school Athearns and the T1's seem to work ok for them. I have on the board so far -

1. Light steam
2. Medium steam
3. Heavy Steam
4. Alco 244
5. EMD 567(non turbo)
6. TBD

This way I can still have sound if I want to (save for the new locos I buy that already have sound in them). I don't always like to run with sound, especially in the summer (hot) weather due to my headaches from the heat.

Maybe I'll get a video of how I've been doing the sound set up this summer. Keep putting it off while I redo the basement floor.

Thanks,
VTBob
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

bapguy

On the different sound volumes, try a value of 60. If this is too low, add 10 and try again. Keep doing this until you have the level you like. I do the 6' test: stand about 6' away from loco, sound should be barely heard.    Joe