STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2020, 10:14:08 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  E-Z App
| | |-+  Specs for the E-Z App boards in the parts store?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Specs for the E-Z App boards in the parts store?  (Read 538 times)
aadst1

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2020, 02:02:08 PM »

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can find the specs for the E-Z App boards that are now for sale in the Parts store? I haven't been able to find them anywhere on the site. I'm particularly interested in the max amperage, and what the connection points labelled "SC" on the board are for. I know BlueRail's original board could take a 2A stall and 1.2A continuous, which made it suitable for small G scale (or a 4-6-0 without traction tires), and I'm interested in putting one in a trolley or an 0-4-0 (Porter stalls at 1.6A and slips at 0.75A, and the trolley stalls at 1.0A). Then there are 2 other function posts available (LED3 and LED4), and the mysterious "SC." Thanks!
Grapevine Flyer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 02:06:06 PM »

The EZ App locos are 1-amp, so it is probably the same.

If you need more than one Amp, you could consider one of the new BlueRailDCC boards. They are generally designed to control a DCC sound decoder, but you can also use them without a decoder (in basic mode). You have to get on their mailing list to get one (inventory is limited by CV19)
jward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 09:43:20 AM »

Just to clarify. EZ App and BlueRail are closely related. But the are NOT DCC. With EZ-App/ BlueRail the control signal is transmitted by Bluetooth instead of through the rails like DCC. That should  make  these locomotives less sensitive to dirty track, and also opens up the possibility of battery powered locomotives controlled by Bluetooth on non powered track, something they refer to as dead rail. That would be impossible to do with DCC.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: