Proper Horn Hook coupler older Bachmann locomotive

Started by markosjal, May 16, 2020, 01:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markosjal

Hello,

I have an older Bachmann locomotive purchased used. There were no couplers on it  For a while I stuck a Life Like Coupler on it which seemed to fit but came in contact with the truck on curves, so I chopped it down and itb worked for a while. Well now that is Gone. I susect the crap job I did of putting it together made it fall off.

I would like to get both the front and rear couplers complete. These look very much like the Tyco/Life Like type couplers with a plastic protruding pivot point. They are not mounted with a screw in any way. but pretty sure I am missing a cover that must snap over the coupler box too.

If you will repond to this and tell me about Kadees or Knuckle couplers please do so on your own thread, not here. I want the horn hook on this.

rich1998

It might help with a photo. You will need a photo hosting site. Go down to the General Questions forum for instructions. Any other forums require this.
Horn hook are available on ebay also.

rich

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Trainman203

markosjal

Quote from: Trainman203 on May 16, 2020, 08:51:41 PM
See my coupler thread.

lots of threads about couplers that you were involved in , but not finding a general info thread

markosjal

Cant upload pics . It says ipload folder is full.

Trainman203

It's brand new.  Right at the top of the list.  Lots of opinions about lots of couplers.

Len

Quote from: markosjal on May 19, 2020, 09:15:17 AM
Cant upload pics . It says ipload folder is full.

You can't upload pics directly to the forum. You have to put them on a hosting site like Flickr or Photobucket and link from there using "img" tags. There's an explanation of how to do it in the 'General Questions' FAQ forum.

Personally, I think the "Attach" thing should just be removed from the post/reply window. It just causes confusion and frustration for those new to the forums.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.