News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Help with Polar Express G scale

Started by phillfam10, December 25, 2007, 01:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillfam10

So we put our brand new (to us) Polar Express train set together last night and surprised our daughter for Christmas morning.  She is beautiful!!!  But the set did not come with the video manual and I need help, being a rookie to the model train world.  How do I get the sound and lights to work?  I put a 9-volt battery in the tender, but I am not getting anything.  Is there a switch somewhere I need to flip, or a connection that needs to be connected?  I did connect the wire from the tender to the engine, but I don't see other connections other than the couplers.  Help! 

Dave

altterrain

There might be a switch next to where you plugged the wires in on the loco backhead. Also on the bottom of the tender there will be a volume adjustment.

-Brian
President of

phillfam10

Brian,

Thanks for the help.  I discovered all of the things you pointed out as I played with the set a little more.  Just one other question,  do you happen to know if this set has a train whistle sound with it?  We can hear the steam sounds, but haven't heard any whistle yet.

Thanks---David

Loco Bill Canelos

Perhaps Brian hasn't seen your question yet so I will respond.   The Bachmann locomotive you have has only the chuffing sound, but no whistle.

I am glad you got everything working OK
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

phillfam10

rperego

Do you have an MP3 player?   Before I converted to DCC and sound boards, I got a bunch of train sounds off the web, downloaded them into an IPOD shuffle, and put it and a small battery operated speaker in a train car.

Using a free sound manipulator I also got off the web, I mixed whistles with "clickity-clack" sounds.

Right now I'm doing the same thing in preparation for some kids coming over by putting wild animal sounds into my IPOD to put into a circus train.