News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HMinky

Started by rich1998, May 17, 2020, 11:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich1998

I was just reading in another forum that Harold Minkwitz passed away March 26th.
Below is a link to his site before it goes away.

http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/4x8/

He always had great ideas. He will be missed.

Rich

Trainman203

Man that is a great site. I love the guy's non rivet counter attitude.  Wish I could have known him better.

rich1998

Do Screen Shots of his pages in case his site goes away.

Rich

Len

Maybe someone who's willing, with more net tech savvy than me, could get permission to 'mirror', or whatever it's called, the site so it would still be available if the original goes away.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jward

I am going to miss his posts on 55n3. You have to love a guy who modelled 3 foot guage on HO track, even though it meant scratchbuilding everything to get the scale right. Most people would have compromised by modelling 3 foot guage with On30 and lived with the discrepency.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Terry Toenges

I tried the Wayback Machine" and got this message - "Sorry. This URL has been excluded from the Wayback Machine."
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com
Feel like a Mogul.

RAM

THANK YOU to all those who have visited here, at Harold Minkwitz's Pacificcoastairlinerr.com – I know my husband Harold loved sharing his ideas on 'the hobby', and it is with great sorrow that I announce his death on March 26, 2020. His creative, often non-traditional ideas (one example: "fake fur grass") will remain on this website for another year. I know he would have wanted that.

During this time, I will also be making an inventory of his many trains, enormous collection of tools, books and magazines to offer for sale. It may be a while before anything is ready for new homes though; there are 30-plus years of "stuff" down in the basement.

If there are any specific items you might be interested in, in the meantime, please let me know and I can provide photos via e-mail.

My contact information is:

Eleanor Minkwitz e-mail: the_minkys2@verizon.net

Quentin

Quote from: Len on May 18, 2020, 01:00:25 AM
Maybe someone who's willing, with more net tech savvy than me, could get permission to 'mirror', or whatever it's called, the site so it would still be available if the original goes away.

Len

Len, I think I might be able to do that so the page doesn't go "bye-bye"...

i just got an idea.
We're...
A...
GREAT BIG ROLLIN RAILROAD, one that EVERYBODY KNOWS

Quentin

Hey guys, I might be getting possesion of HMinky's website that was gonna be going down in a year. Mrs. Minkwitz will be contacting me at some point with a definite yes or no!
We're...
A...

OLDERTIMER

Very sorry to hear about Harold. I haven't seen any messages from Steam Gene or Rye Guy, are they still around?

Quentin

Thats a great question... I haven't either.

Hope they're safe, and you too.

-Q.D.
We're...
A...