News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC SOUNDTRAXX SOUNDVALUE FOR BERKSHIRE

Started by Bennieboy, May 21, 2020, 04:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennieboy

So my Berkshire's chuff rate (CV116) is set at default 92, and it's resulting in 6 chuffs per revolution on each speed step instead of the regular 4. What is the proper way or formula to set each speed steep to 4 chuffsper revolution instead of 6?

WoundedBear

There is no real formula per se.

Just start reprogramming a lower value into that CV until you get the result you are happy with. I would start by dropping by values of 4 and then fine tune it.

Sid

Trainman203

All of the pre Econami Soundtraxx decoders including the stock ones in Bachmann steam engines need the chuff timing fine tuned.  For any engine, find the default cv value on the Soundtraxx web site and then adjust cv 116  value as Sid has said.

It will never be perfect at every speed.  I set mine by running the engine at the speed I most frequently run it at, usually at a good switching speed step of 8 or 10 out of 120, then program on the main different cv values while running until it seems right.  Slow speeds are where the discrepancies are most apparent, above 20 or so scale MPH the chuffs start running together.  Try out adjusting and report back on how it came out.

The Econami and the Tsunami2-2 have solved the chuff timing issue.  It's correct at stock settings.  I wish Bachmann had stayed with Soundtraxx decoders.

prr22

If you are looking to upgrade, I put TCS DCC kit for the Bachmann Berkshire into my loco and it sounds great.  It is a nice little 30 minute project.
Modeling the rolling hills from Baltimore to Pittsburg