News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Where Can I get Sound Models

Started by Plow_Bender, May 28, 2020, 09:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plow_Bender

Hey all,
I'm currently converting all my large scale models over from DC to DCC and I'd like to see about adding sound to the ones that I can.  My question is, where can I get sound modules or (in the case that I can't add sound) at least decoders for the following models...

- 2-8-0 C-19
- 1:20.3 2-6-0
- 2-6-0 Mogul
- 0-4-0 Sidetank Porter
- 0-4-0 Davenport
- Rail Truck
- 1:20.3 Long Caboose
- 2-4-2 Lyn
- 4-6-0 Big Hauler (mine would be the one before the anniversary addition I believe)
- Peter Witt Streetcar
- Speeder
- Eggliner
- LGB 2090

I'm not sure if sound can be added to all these, but at the least I'd like to fit them with decoders.  I've looked into a few models and have found that Bachmann recommends 1 amp decoders in models such as the Rail Truck, Davenport, and the Long Caboose.  Models such as the C-19 and 2-6-0 however do not appear to have decoders available from Bachmann.  Any help tracking down what would be best to use with each model would be appreciated.

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

Nathan

Several of the makers of DCC Decoders and DCC Sound Decoders have on their web sites information on which of their decoders will work with different locomotives.  Several of the on-line places that sell them can also help you.

Nathan

Greg Elmassian

So you have some research to do.

I'd suggest this plan of attack:

First, determine which locos have DCC sockets, that will make an easy install... and narrow your choices.
The LGB, the C19, the Davenport, etc.

Then the ones that are easy to convert, where the connections are brought out to terminals.

Lastly, the ones that need some rewiring.

I would suggest combination decoders, i.e. the motor and sound control is on the same board. Saves money and wiring and has big benefits in sound synchronizing with the motion and load on the loco.

Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

Joe Zullo