WILL On30 loco be offered in HOn30

Started by sparker251, June 01, 2020, 11:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparker251

I Know that Bachmann came out with the Baldwin10-12-D in On30 & OO9 (HOn30) - will some of the other On30 locomotives be made available to the OO9/HOn30 crowd ?? or will this be a one of a kind occurrence ?

Hopefully not - it would be nice to see a K27 in HOn30 or a 2-8-0 in HOn3 even better a Shay in HOn30

My two cents and still hoping

I Believe in Santa

Pierre

max (uk)

Bachmann Europe PLC of Barwell, England produced a Baldwin 10-12-D 4-6-0 in 009 (4mm/ft, so not exactly HOn30).
Bachmann Industries, Inc. of Philadelphia, USA produced a Baldwin 10-12-¼D 2-6-2 in On30.

Although there are some design similarities behind the scenes (the rear water hose is identical in design) the two Bachmanns are separate companies.

Personally, I think as only a few new items have been offered in On30 lately and even less in Large Scale, introducing an all new narrow gauge range could dilute the market further when it is already thin.

As this is the Bachmann forum, I would like to say as an On30 modeller I am very grateful for any product in this scale. I hope the 10-12-¼D was well received despite its design compromises. I'm still patiently waiting for a Sandy River style outside framed 2-6-2 tender engine.  ;)