News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Seeing if Anyone Lights Up Crossing Gates

Started by Will3iamLuvzTrainz, June 05, 2020, 04:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will3iamLuvzTrainz

https://www.deviantart.com/willm3luvtrains/art/Bachmann-Crossing-Signals-and-Gates-with-Lighted-838268576

That's just a picture of Bachmann crossing signals I modified to make them look like they were actually flashing. I modified the "lights" in the signals and added lights to the arms. They're supposed to be lit with L.E.D.s.

I know several or many people have actually lit up the crossing signals themselves and kudos to those who have (I never did though and I use signals that already come with lights.) I however was just wondering if anyone has added lights to the gates. Actually working lights.

My request to you is if any of you have added lights to your crossing gates, and I hope some of you, well, more of you do or have, if you could post photos of them, whether on here or Flickr or Deviant Art. And if you have any videos, I'd like to see them on Flickr, Pond5, or Shutterstock (I prefer watching videos on those sites.)

I would just like to see more lit up toy crossing gates, especially HO crossing gates, be them Bachmann, Life-Like, Tyco, NJ International, Tomar Industries, MTH, etc. I have a strong passion and obsession with stuff like this. And seeing how rare lighted crossing gates are for me, this would mean a lot to me!

To show almost what I mean, here's a photo of a crossing gate I made using Lego pieces

https://www.deviantart.com/willm3luvtrains/art/Lego-Crossing-Gate-Tiles-4-840933561

The gate doesn't light up, I was just showing my passion for crossing gates, especially with lights or light-like objects on them (they look more realistic this way and this is rarely shown on toys and in things like cartoons.) The gate arm is made of 1x4 flat tiles with red and white danger stripes, flat 1x2 pieces behind the tiles to hold them together, and the "lights" are 1x1 transparent red round pieces. I used modeling clay to hold the lights in place on the gate arm. Also included is a Life-Like non-operating HO scale signal.

I hope someone responds to this but respectfully please!