Xmas is almost over.....soooo...what did you get from Santa

Started by duker1, December 25, 2007, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duker1

??? I got exactly what I axed 4 and of course, deserved. Coal Gon filled to the brim from Powder River Basin.

What did you get  ???

The Duke....

Guilford Guy

Horizon Cars, Details, Sound Decoder, DVD's from my Sis, CD's (including Mothership!) and clothings.
Alex

Conrail Quality

Maury Klein's two-volume history of the Union Pacific, The Encyclopeidia of Trains and Locomotoves, and some train-themed decorative plates. Not much train-related stuff for me this year.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

SteamGene

Well, actually there are still 11 days of Christmas left.  My daughter gave me a nice coal black sweat shirt with "Still Plays with Trains" on it and a lot of cotton balls for distant trees.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Mik

Ummm, a stress induced headache from people (who haven't been in the same room together for a year for a reason) bickering...and a big stack of bills?  :-[
Mik

adari

I got something for my WII. Not my favorite. But this summer I ordered a SD7 and I finnaly got it. :D Yay!

Jake

I got...

Some ME code 70 rail (22 36" pieces - 66 linear feet, or 33 feet of track.)
Some PC Board ties. (3 bundles of 100)
A bag of 1000 wood ties
A 15 Foot roll of 0.015" rosin core solder
A Weller 25 watt soldering iron
Some Pliobond cement. (HOLY CRAP this stuff stinks!!!)
Xuron Rail Cutters
A FastTracks tie rack.
A Blackstone K-27 (Coming in the mail...)
A Digitrax Zephyr (See above)
Some ME code 70 Rail Joiners (See above)
Woodland Scenics Hob-E-Lube lite oil and gear grease
A Cannon PowerShot A550 digital camera + a Kingston 2gb memory card
A Nintendo DS Lite.

Sooo... Ya. I'm happy! ;D
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

Dusten Barefoot

I got me a Bachmann DCC 2-8-0! A 2-6-0 On30 Mogul, 2 On30 Flats an Box Cars. Guitar Hero 2 the 80s, a lot of candy and beef jercky, a Def Leppard and Led Zepplin DVD. It Rocks now I just need to get me a DCC controler for my 2-8-0. I was stupid enough to think that a controler came with the engine.
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten Blake Barefoot
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

CAB_IV

Bachmann is going to love me this christmas. All but two of my model railroading items were Bachmann.

I got the remaining Acela express cars (which completed the set), as well as a pair of Amfleet I Phase II coaches and a cafe.

I ended up getting a kit to build a CNJ caboose that was the same as one i had rebuilt  in real life for my eagle scout project.   I also got an atlas Pressuraide hopper, and an alumilite casting kit, as well as a new airbrush and compressor, and thats just train stuff.

kevin2083

I got 2 44 tonners- ATSF and PRR- and a walthers 90' turntable (still hasn't made it here yet). The santa fe 44 tonner didn't make it all the way through Christmas day before I started to disassemble it to paint it. I also got a nice leather wallet, a set of pliers, a R/C helicopter, an August 1951 issue of Trains magazine, and a 15'x15' tarp. Its interesting to look through the magazine and see something about a "new" diesel locomotive, some that I've never seen or heard of before.
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Terry Toenges

The best present for me was seeing the joy and happiness in the eyes of my children and grandchildren. I'm thankful we were able to make Christmas good for them.
Aside from that, I got the new Eagles CD - Long Road Out of Eden and some shorts and pants.
My daughter and granddaughter made us a swamp of home made cookies. My son brought and made the whole Christmas dinner.
And there were no sibling spats as sometimes happens during holiday get-togethers. 8)
Feel like a Mogul.

Yorkie

I got "The Encyclopedia Of Trains & Locomotives From 1804 To The Present Day," by David Ross; Thunder Bay Press.
It provides both history and technical details for locomotives from the first steam engines to the latest magnetic levitation models, with lots of excellent illustrations and photographs for over 900 locomotive types.
Happy New Year to you all.

Charles

Hoople

It wasn't a train related day.
I got:

6 freight cars.
Proto 2000 40' Mather Stock Car, NP
Athearn 50' Reefer, Fruit Growers Express
2 Roundhouse 40' Boxcars, SP
Atlas Steam Era Classics 11,000 gallon tanker, Weston (Not sure)
Intermountain 40' Stock Car, AT&SF

(The stock car roadnames might be backwards)

-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

rogertra

I used a gift certificate to purchase a Rapido Canadian Pacific 10-5 sleeper.

Rapido make THE best North American passenger cars.

I disuade people from buying me model railroad stuff as I'm very specific about what I use on the Great Eastern and I don't want them wasting their money on buying things that I'll never even take out of the box..

ebtbob

To Jake,

I do not know if it is something I did wrong,  but when trying to run my Blackstone K27s using my Zepher,  they run very "herky jerky".   As soon as I attach another throttle, via the loco net or just connected to the Zepher itself,  they run GREAT!!!!

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org