News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Micro switch for turnout

Started by Mike, June 16, 2020, 01:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Does anyone know of a good source for a replacement microswitch that goes under a number 6 turnout to switch the frog polarity? My 0-4-0 side tank keeps stalling on the turnout. I checked with a VOM and it appears the switch is not functioning.

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Mike,
You posted this on the Large Scale Forum, not sure what scale you are in but you should post on it.

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

armorsmith

Mike,

Your reference to a #6 switch tells me that you are on the wrong forum for that question. Bachmann does not make a #6, USA Trains and Aristocraft (now defunct) do, and a couple other of the more specialized manufacturers do.

I suggest you look to either Large Scale Central, My Large Scale or G Scale Central for that question.

Bob C.

Mike

Thanks, Bill. I'm in large scale. While I do have 5 or 6 Aristo cars, the majority of my rolling stock and locos are Bachmann. With the no. 6 turnouts, the long frogs necessitate polarity changing frogs for slow moving small locos like my 0-4-0's. I have one turnout that is not changing polarity at all and another that is intermittent at best. The replacement microswitch will need to have a very light touch. I've been a member here on the Bachmann forum for many years and hoped that one of the more-experienced regular members might have a source suggestion.  Best regards- Mike

Joe Zullo

Mike,

I have replaced a few on our club layout. I used to get them at Radio Shack and the club still has 20 in reserve. Their P/N 275-016A

Here is a good deal on the same micro switch from an eBay seller. If I were you I'd grab them while they are available.  ;)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5PCS-ORIGINAL-Omron-SS-5GL-Limit-Switch-3-Pins-Micro-switch/273110838227?hash=item3f96acabd3:g:VXAAAOSwIrpaqfGf

Mike

Thanks, Joe. I'm on it. -Mike