NWSL #2800-6 HO Bachmann HO 3-truck 8-ton Shay Locomotive replacement gears.

Started by Hans J., June 22, 2020, 03:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans J.

I'm in need of two sets metal gears for my two Shays. I did order two sets in the States, but they did not arrive in Switzerland. Any idea where I could get these items. So far no success. Thanks folks

rich1998

Hi Hans

Not sure you are aware. The owners wife passed away not too long ago. He was going to close.
Workers bought the business.
There are probably delays.
Have you tried email?

Cheers.

Richard

Hans J.

Thanks Richard,
I did order two sets at Blue Ox Trains in the US. They were sent off by USPS last April, but never arrived here in Switzerland. So I'm still looking for this spares.Which email do you mean I should try?
Sincerely Hans

Terry Toenges

Overseas mail has been very, very slow since Covid started. It took me well over two months to receive something here in the US that I had ordered from Australia after he put it in the mail.
Feel like a Mogul.

rich1998

Quote from: Hans J. on June 23, 2020, 02:42:54 AM
Thanks Richard,
I did order two sets at Blue Ox Trains in the US. They were sent off by USPS last April, but never arrived here in Switzerland. So I'm still looking for this spares.Which email do you mean I should try?
Sincerely Hans

Hi Hans

I meant email NWSL to see if they sent them.

You might have the answer from Terry. Many things are slow because of the virus.

Richard.

WoundedBear

I still have a couple sets of the NWSL gears. I quit using them after Bachmann re-released the updated sideframes. Last time I spoke with NWSL about these sets for the Shay, I was told they were out of stock and had no plans of restocking. Unless Bachmann reruns their Shays, I can't see NWSL ever re-issuing the gears.

It appears the sets are still catalogued, but no photos because there is no stock.

Over the years I have bought a fair bit of stuff from NWSL, including gears, motors and tools.

Now, with the new management, they have removed any and all phone numbers from their website and expect customers to only do business via email.

Their loss. Unless I can contact a company I am dealing with, directly by phone, I won't deal with that company.

It's a steep downhill ride to the bottom.

Sid

Hans J.

A miracle happend, the package with the replacement gear arrived today. Over two months in transit from the States to Switzerland. Coronavirus within the mail channels....
Thanks all for your comments
Hans