News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Troubleshooting Henry

Started by J70Toby, June 24, 2020, 03:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70Toby

Hello. My Henry model is having an issue where his front bogie will pop off the track. This was pretty much the first time I've run him as I now have large enough curves for my larger engines like Henry and Gordan.  I've tried adjusting the tightness of the screws securing the bogie to the chassis.  I've tried adding a bit of weight to the bogie with some modelling clay (I don't want to glue anything to it before I know it might help).  Gordan has the same chassis design as Henry and runs fine on my track.  The really baffling thing is that I put Gordan's front bogie on Henry and Henry's on Gordan and both models ran fine.  I would just leave them that way if there was a way to switch the wheels.  Anyway, the only ways I can get Henry to run consistently (without parts from Gordan) is to run him with his front bogie removed or run him backwards. I'm stumped at this point, so I though I'd see if anyone had any suggestions or had dealt with this problem themselves.

Hilux5972

You could either try a spring around the screw that attaches the bogie, or pull the wheels off the axles and swap them over.

Kemptown Branch

If you do decide to pull the wheels of the axles, if you can, try to just use your hands so that you don't damage the wheels when you take them off of the axle. Or you could try to repaint the wheels instead. Vallejo Deep Sky Blue is a very close match to the color used for Thomas (this is hoping that Gordon matches Thomas' color). However, I haven't looked for a green to match Henry, since I haven't owned a model of him, yet.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.