I would also like to see Bachmann do a Rodgers 4-6-0

Started by Artfull Dodger, June 30, 2020, 08:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artfull Dodger

But not 1870s, more like 1900 era ICRR 382.  But with modular tool design so the cab can be changed, along with headlights ect.  Bachmann could not only do the 382 from the wreck.  But 384 which was Casey's actual assigned engine, then delete the clestory on the cab roof and do so many other typical ten wheelers of that era that were tall drivered.  Most were passenger power exclusivly at first, but then mixed trains became the norm.  The old AHM/Rivarossi holds its own in the detail dept today but thats where it ends. deep flanges, a noisy 3 pole motor and poor gear ratio hinder an otherwise steller looking model.  Hornby, the now owner of Rivarossi says the tooling for that model is long gone.  So here is where Bachmann can step in and produce a steller model with 21st centruy technology and sound.  Reproductions of Casey's 6 chime boiler tube whistle exhist and have been recorded.  So even accurate sound can be done.  Follow up sales could be achieved by doing the 60' steel frame truss rod passenger cars he pulled.   And more than the IC used those coaches.  That night he had 6 cars. Baggage, RPO and four passenger coaches.   The late 1890's thru 1910 era of locomotives and rolling stock is very poorly represented in HO or most any scale.  But the era lends itself to smaller layouts and spaces by the smaller nature of engines and cars of the era.  Casey's beloved 2-8-0 #638 would also make an excellent small layout engine and that design was used by many railroads in that era.    Bachmann has revamped most of the other engines in the line up like the Jupiter ect.  Time for some new small power for small layouts!!   Mike the Aspie
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!

Artfull Dodger

BTW, the NWSL regear really improves the old AHM HO models speed range and slow speed ablities.  But the install isnt for the beginner to attempt as the driver centers on these 50 year old models are very fragile.    Mike the Aspie
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!

Trainman203

Did you ever see the out of production Bachmann 63" driver ten wheeler?