News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO 2-8-0 parts needed

Started by Shandy, July 06, 2020, 02:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shandy

I need a bottom chassis for an HO 2-8-0, the one with 2 screws to hold it together The cast chassis broke right at the back wheelset . NB this is the second one like this where the chassis was broken. Trenton Model Train Repair

jonathan

I could be wrong, but it sounds like you have the OLD 2-8-0 from the 80's.  If so, you'll only be able to find parts by getting a spare loco from ebay or something.

Regards,

Jonathan

Shandy

Thanks for the info . I think that Bachmann had problems with these units with disintegrating cast chassis, thei one I had 5 years ago was replaced under warranty, this one they told me to join this group and try to find one.  Looks like I have n upper chassis with motor and a DCC tender for sale

rich1998

If you have a complete loco, tender, Bachmann might replace it with a check. Look at the Parts, replacement page. Give a call.
They replaced a two motor 44 ton for me that I converted to DCC and put back together to run on DC. Sent me a single motor 44 ton DCC ready.

Rich

Trainman203

Maybe a new engine would be cheaper and easier all around?

rich1998

Bachmann has sent me a HO 44 ton single motor DCC ready for $35 to replace a two motor with cracked gear.

He could get a better DC loco for the same price. I just  checked.

New loco "might" be DCC onboard. He does run DC. I know the locos come with a DC adapter. I have a few.
He might find a DC loco online.
Just some thoughts.

Rich