News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

I need help with a Salty model

Started by TTTE_Studios, July 07, 2020, 06:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTTE_Studios

Hi everyone, I'm new to model railroading so sorry if I sound like an idiot when I ask this. I'm building a Thomas and Friends themed layout and I really would like to get my hands on a Salty model but as He's discontinued I can't find one anywhere. As a last resort, I came to Bachmann's website and saw that they have a lot of parts for Salty and I was just wondering if it would be possible to somehow use those parts to build Salty instead of trying to find a normal model. If I was to do that then would he function like he normally would/should? Thanks in advance.

Len

Yes, you can build a 'Salty' from the parts. That's what I did for the display layout I maintain at a local shopping outlet. You'll need the Bady Sheel, Complete Chassis, Coupler #2, Faceplate, and screws. I ordered 6 of the screws because I have a tendancy to drop them into a black hole, never to be seen again. All of the parts can be found here:
https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=ehsbeiilrh9gkcqpve26froha7&keyword=Salty

The PCB and Motor w/Gearbox come with the complete chassis.

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

MrNormalDraws

Yes, you can get the parts to assemble him, but putting the face can be a bit tricky.

I had a similar issue last Christmas when I was getting back into the Bachmann Thomas range where I saw they had the parts to built him.

In order to built him, you only need to get the Body Shell, Complete Chassis, 2 of the couplers (they need to be the ones used for Toby and Oliver), the faceplate, Screw 10597 (2) and Screw 10152 (4).