News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sheldon's Layout

Started by Grumpy468, July 07, 2020, 11:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy468

Yeah this is model trains, no inspection's required.

Grumpy468

Been building the out buildings for the propane / butane tanks etc, the kits were sort of screwy, both cam with sheds, yet the roof was missing off of one of them so i made a cardboard roof and finished it with cedar trim.

Grumpy468

The rest of them. I cut the overhead door to be able to leave it open. The tanks are done.

Trainman203

There's a lot of those bottle gas tanks out in the country down here.  I've never seen one with any weathering on it.  Makes minute flaws in these pressure vessels harder to see.  They are scrupulously maintained by the gas company.  Things may be different up north, please tell me if so.

jonathan

Nice outbuildings!

I'm obsessed with brick structures.  I can't do anything else, until I've put mortar between the bricks.  Can't help myself.

Nice photos, too.

Regards,

Jonathan

Grumpy468

Thank you Jonathan. I try to do mortar on most of my brick work. These ones i just left natural.

OLDERTIMER

Your another one around here I'd like to emulate.  Nice work, Sheldon, Paul

Grumpy468

Thank you for the compliments Paul. I have been getting mentored by Wounded bear, "Sid" he has been a long distance tutor.

Grumpy468

Well Wounded bear got me to order Fusion fibre, so i got a 2.5 lb bag. I wasnt sure what to do with it, but it's pretty straight forward once you get going. It's a great base layer to support all the landscaping materials. and this saves on them as well. I spent 6 hours in the basement today to get this little bit done.

Grumpy468

Been busy with work and fabrication landscaping stuff. My first attempt at standing wild grass.

Grumpy468

Worked on my downtown back alley stuff. First the fusion fibre gets laid down and levelled as best i can then add the materials slowly building up.

Grumpy468

There was a big rock sitting in the middle, decided to surround it with trees shrubs etc.

Grumpy468

Then i added a single tree behind the Hotel, changed the whole look of things.

Grumpy468

And then started on one other area.

Grumpy468

My matte medium showed up, so now i am going got make 12 super trees that i got, once those are done, i will go back and look at the areas i finished the basics on and add the wild grass and new trees if needed? Every time i add something, the layout takes on an entire new look, then the brain kicks in and things change, lolol. This is why i love this hobby, my layout will never be finished?