News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sheldon's Layout

Started by Grumpy468, July 07, 2020, 11:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy468

Len

Looks like the hotel may have some foundation problems as that tree in back grows bigger. Might want to see about having an arborist move it a bit further away.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Grumpy468

Yeah it's perfect where it is, where i live the tree roots are in the sewer lines and bouncing off the basement walls. Just a fact of life.

RAM

one thing that stands out when I look at your layout.  That is why the space on the outside of the rails on road crossings?

Grumpy468

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Terry Toenges

Are you going to continue the roads on the other side of the crossings? In some, you have the road leading to the crossing, then the crossing and nothing on the other side.
Feel like a Mogul.

RAM

The next time get to a railroad crossing, take a good look at it.  then look at the way you make yours. You will see that there is not a gap on the outside of the rails.

Grumpy468

Been a bit busy, life gets in the way. here is what i have gotten done.

We Are What Your Mother Warned you about.

jonathan

Nice progress. I have that engine house on my layout.

Regards,

Jonathan

graywolf

Hi Grumpy that is a nice looking engine shed ---can you tell me who makes it?

Grumpy468

Graywolf, that is a Walthers kit.

Grumpy468

Thank you Jonathan, i have been doing more landscaping and things are starting to take shape.

Ken Huck

Those sure are some nice looking crossings.

Thanks for the pics.

Ken

Grumpy468

I added an extra board to fill in the gaps, Wounded bear and myself split a whole bunch of scale lumber, it has come in handy.

Grumpy468

Back to the houses. I am stuck right now, so i put everything back on the layout to see what the overall look is, need to continue with the landscaping. Still working from the middle out. But i am placing my company houses in my residential are to get some ideas on how to move forward.