News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sheldon's Layout

Started by Grumpy468, July 07, 2020, 11:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy468

Good Morning everyone. I will introduce myself. I am Sheldon, I live on the prairies here in Canada. I grew up in a CNR train station in a small town, my dad was the station agent there from 1966 till 1975. We lived in the train station, and it was a pretty different upbringing to say the least. I am 57 now, and have been into my layout since Mar 2019. I am very good friends with Wounded bear, and Sid has been responsible for getting me into the hobby and has been my mentor. Sorry buddy have to blame someone.. LOL.

I have to say i love the hobby and i have a job that affords me plenty of time to work on my layout. I work from home so any free time i have is spent in the basement.

Regards Sheldon.

Grumpy468

This is a 12 x 8 x 4 L shape layout.

Grumpy468

The Cork went down nice and easy. Was tedious marking the track with pencil first.

Grumpy468

Was a long busy weekend of ballasting, but well worth it in the end. I actually mixed a couple of colours to get some of the effects i wanted.

jonathan

Welcome Sheldon!

Off to a great start, indeed!  Great to see another layout on the rise.  Appreciate the photos of your progress.

Looking forward to more shots as you build.

Regards,

Jonathan

Grumpy468

Thank you Jonathan. i have such a long ways to go.

WoundedBear

Hey buddy! Good to see you finally posting.

Sheldon and I have known each other for about 20 years now and talk on the phone almost daily. The other big thing him and I have in common is our sickness for horsepower.

Keep on posting man. There aren't enough people posting layout pics here.

Sid

Terry Toenges

Another "man of the motor" so to speak? I really like the layout with all the curvy stuff.
Feel like a Mogul.

Kemptown Branch

You're layout looks amazing! Can't wait to see more!
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Ken Huck

OH Boy !  More photos to peruse.  Hi Sheldon, can't wait to see more.
Thanks for posting.

Ken