Bachmann's 2020 Product Announcement

Started by InsideTrack, July 15, 2020, 12:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsideTrack

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TTL

Well Black James is confirmed at least, though I'm hoping for some bigger fish tomorrow
Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

Chaz

Well it's nice to know one of my suggestions paid off!  I'll be giving my full thoughts tomorrow!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Hilux5972

Definitely looks like black James to me!

Mulfred100

Ah well at least Black James can join LBSC Thomas now as it should have been back in February. Busy year for James, he's getting three models (busy bee, black and N scale) now we wait for 6pm tomorrow.

TerencetheTractor525

Nice to see Black James joining the line. Yet, I have a feeling that this is just a "warm-up" to tomorrow's show.

In other words, I think that we will be seeing some more announcements that are even more exciting than this ;).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Zekeism

Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.

TrainFan97

This definitely has to be Black James. Looks too short to be Hiro. I have no doubt it is Black James. That means James is getting released in two new paint schemes for HO Scale this year (Busy Bee, and Black), as well as an N Scale model coming soon. Definitely excited for Black James to join with LBSC Thomas.

Large Scale Diesel is currently in the unpainted stage. By the end of the year, we should see him fully painted. He already looks great. I'm glad he's actually going to look accurate. It's the first time in many years that Large Scale is actually getting another engine. Now that Diesel is on the horizon, what engine should be next for Large Scale? Popular requests include Edward, Mavis, Rosie, Duck, or Bill and Ben.

Daisy and Peter Sam have been delayed, and may not be available or shown by the end of the year. This definitely explains why they weren't on display at the Toy Fair this year. They were nowhere near ready yet. At least we got confirmation about them.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

thomasj219

Well, I guess we should have known from "Product Announcment" that there was only going to be one, but a bit of a let down never the less.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Hilux5972

Was it only James and diesel announced?

TTL

Right, Bachmann's announcements are up and:
Origin James aka Black James. Wheels aren't painted, but it's probably just a Sample thrown together so not surprising.
And
Wait, THATS IT?!
THEY HYPED US UP AND PRACTICALLY REVEALED THE 2 ITEMS THEY HAD THE DAY BEFORE?!
Well there's always the N gauge line...Nothing. NOTHING?! NOT EVEN AN UPDATE.
Well maybe there's an update on LS Diesel, besides the Sample we got the other day...NOPE.
Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

BGM Reviews

I'm glad that we are getting origins James, although a bit silly to overshadow Busy Bee James.  I don't think Busy Bee James will be as big of a seller as Origins James and LBSC Thomas.  I'm glad that they didn't reveal too much else. They've got their hands full with Daisy and Peter Sam.

Kemptown Branch

I agree. It may only be one product, and a recolor, but they have quite a few products that haven't been released yet, plus the entire N Scale line, so I think it's understandable and forgivable, with the virus and all.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Mulfred100

STL. I don't think you realise how much stuff Bachmann still has to release for us or the fact the world has pretty much broken in 2020 so majority of these products have been delayed because of this. We've got HO Daisy, the three 1 plank wagons with different loads, troublesome truck 6, the 75th train set, LBSC Thomas, busy bee James, origin James, Peter Sam, narrow guage breakvans, the whole N scale range, large scale Diesel. The fact theres no updates is probably because they can't update us with news as there is no news. Since February the world's gone to hell so most products are still in development. LBSC Thomas and the James recolours are just the recolours, the rest is pretty much new tooling in terms of engines and that.