Bachmann Thomas & Friends July 2020 NMRA Predictions

Started by TerencetheTractor525, February 13, 2020, 12:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zekeism

I hope people get their most wanted, but I do feel like people are expecting too much, and they are going to leave themselves disappointed.

I hope we get new characters, because repaints of the same characters would be very lackluster for me.

I would love some non rail characters to be reveled, but I think that is too high hopes haha.
Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.

HO scale Den-liner

Quote from: TM24 on July 12, 2020, 11:54:31 PM
As what many have said here, Stepney is a prediction I hold that Bachmann will announce this year. Sir Handel or Duncan would be the other engines I predict to be announced.

Rolling stock I believe to be announced will be the Chinese Dragon, and the breakdown train. Two are classic model era rolling stocks that are popular, and have been made in countless other brands.

The chinese dragon and the breakdown train would be great rolling stock additions.

HO scale Den-liner

Quote from: Zekeism on July 13, 2020, 02:33:11 PM
I hope people get their most wanted, but I do feel like people are expecting too much, and they are going to leave themselves disappointed.

I hope we get new characters, because repaints of the same characters would be very lackluster for me.

I would love some non rail characters to be reveled, but I think that is too high hopes haha.

I don't mind recolor engines, heck I would love to see a chocolate covered percy be a thing. Similar how this one was made by a japanese modeler 12 years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1t7zyHNdFk If busy bee james can be a thing then lets see "Bon Bon Percy" be a thing. And also a glow in the dark henry like in that one CGI episode where henry was painted with glowing green paint instead of normal green paint.

TrainFan97

I'm surprised Glow-in-the-Dark Henry never got any merchandise, at least not to my knowledge. How does a "Chocolate Covered" Percy sound? At least it would be nostalgic. Would Green Salty and Blue Bill and Ben be too gimmicky for Bachmann? Salty is discontinued, but his tooling still exists. Silver Spencer and Glow-in-the-Dark Henry could be interesting, where Spencer has his metallic silver livery from Season 10 onwards, and Henry when he was accidentally painted with glow-in-the-dark paint.

Recolors that would make the most sense would be Black James, and Sidney.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Zekeism

Quote from: HO scale Den-liner on July 14, 2020, 09:08:50 PM
Quote from: Zekeism on July 13, 2020, 02:33:11 PM

I don't mind recolor engines, heck I would love to see a chocolate covered percy be a thing. Similar how this one was made by a japanese modeler 12 years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1t7zyHNdFk If busy bee james can be a thing then lets see "Bon Bon Percy" be a thing. And also a glow in the dark henry like in that one CGI episode where henry was painted with glowing green paint instead of normal green paint.

I don't mind engine recolors, I just don't want 2 repaints of a character in the span of a year.
Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.

Chaz

Quote from: Zekeism on July 15, 2020, 02:15:01 PM
I don't mind engine recolors, I just don't want 2 repaints of a character in the span of a year.

Yeah, about that...
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Mulfred100

Well I don't know if it is bad news or if it is just news but Bachmann have just tweeted they have ran into some production delays regarding Peter Sam and Daisy (which lets face it the worlds been broken for the last 4/5 months so its to be expected). I don't know weather this will effect any announcements tomorrow or not. Considering theres 4 HO engines waiting for release (LBSC Thomas, Busy bee James, Black James and Daisy) will they really add a fifth to the list even tho three out of 4 are recolours. As for Narrow Guage, they've got Peter Sam and the breakvans in the pipeline will they add more onto that or focus on getting this lot released then announce more in Feb or July next year.

TerencetheTractor525

With the pandemic at stake, it is certainly is not surprising that Daisy and Peter Sam have been delayed. Yet, I still hope that Stepney will be announced tomorrow, given that it is the 75th Anniversary, and would be something extra special to celebrate, as an overwhelmingly popular classic engine. Even if takes multiple years for the final model to be revealed, I know that the final result will be worth the wait. It always is, and I am certain that many other loyal Bachmann Thomas customers feel the same way.

I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow :).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.