News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large Scale Diesel

Started by InsideTrack, July 15, 2020, 02:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsideTrack

Here's a first look at our upcoming Large Scale Diesel. Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.facebook.com/Bachmanntrains/photos/a.183361240760/10158349223120761/

Chaz

I'm in awe, despite his RRP being cheaper than Thomas Percy and Toby we can see that Diesel looks fantastic despite his lower price which was something I was concerned about earlier.  No doubt he will well like hotcakes!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Falcon the 2nd

Simply marvelous! I, along with many other fans, have had my hopes that Diesel would transition well into Large Scale and I'm pleased to say that my expectations are being met right of the bat in this sculpted phase. Every major detail of the original character stands out like they should (front ladders, wheel cranks, etc) and this model is destined to look great in its pained phase. I am now strongly considering getting him as a starting engine of sorts upon seeing this sneak peek.

We're off to a great start for a new season of Thomas updates and I look forward to more soon! Keep up the good work, Bachmann staff.  ;)
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

Mulfred100

He is definitely something I will buy. Very nice job Bachmann and well worth the wait

Caver Keith

Wow! Love it. Diesel will certainly find a home on my new railway.

TerencetheTractor525

Stunning! I, too, was worried the model would not include separately fitted side rods due to his low RRP, but it is great to see that is no longer a concern.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Hilux5972

Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on July 15, 2020, 04:29:24 PM
Stunning! I, too, was worried the model would not include separately fitted side rods due to his low RRP, but it is great to see that is no longer a concern.

If he didn't have seperately fitted side rods then how would he move?

Diesel in large scale is a very logical move, given that they can also do Sidney and Paxton too. 3 locos from 1 tooling is a great investment.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: Hilux5972 on July 15, 2020, 07:31:32 PM
Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on July 15, 2020, 04:29:24 PM

If he didn't have seperately fitted side rods then how would he move?
Have you seen Lionel's O Scale Diesel?

Hilux5972

Yes I saw Lionels O Gauge abomination. It doesn't even have side rods so my comment still stands. Also that one is a remote control piece of junk and all of those models look horrendous. These ones are designed to be working model locomotives. Not battery run indestructible toys.

Large Scale Champion

Bachmann has delivered a stunning loco! can't wait to add him to our collection.

Don't bathe in the glory too long Bachmann..... next! we need more large scale.
Edward or Duck Next & Please give James some coaches to pull he's getting cranky! P.S. Henrietta? Cattle Wagon or Mail Car for the wagons.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: Hilux5972 on July 17, 2020, 06:22:00 AM
Yes I saw Lionels O Gauge abomination. It doesn't even have side rods so my comment still stands. Also that one is a remote control piece of junk and all of those models look horrendous. These ones are designed to be working model locomotives. Not battery run indestructible toys.
Ok, you clearly don't understand what I'm talking about. You asked how the model would move without separately fitted side rods. Lionel is an example.

TrainFan97

First being announced in 2017, then cancelled in 2018, but now, all thanks to popular demand, Large Scale Diesel is finally going to see the light of day.

Since Diesel will be a popular seller for Large Scale, and his tooling now exists there, the most likely candidates for the next engine would be 'Arry and Bert, or Paxton. Bachmann is also making some non-Thomas diesel locomotives for Large Scale as well, so for the next new tooling, they can make Mavis. The only issue with Mavis is that she's had very minimal appearances and speaking roles in recent years, plus, Mattel made almost no merchandise of her since their takeover. But, Daisy is coming to HO Scale, and Mattel made NO merchandise of her since she returned in CGI. Mavis can also use Toby's chassis, making her easier to produce.

With the rise of diesels in Large Scale, I think the next engine for Large Scale should be Paxton, 'Arry and Bert, or Mavis. It would be a miracle to get another tender engine like Edward. For other steam engines, Bill and Ben would also be a good choice for Large Scale, as they'd be two engines using the same tooling released together, and you wouldn't want to buy one without the other. Duck's chassis might be a bit long, but I'd love to be wrong.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.