Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2021

Started by TerencetheTractor525, July 17, 2020, 09:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clrp5150

I totally forgot about BoCo. He is probably about as likely as Stepney IMO, which isn't very much. Each character Bachmann has made has appeared in the TV show at least 4 years before their model was released, but Stepney hasn't been featured in an episode since 2009 and BoCo hasn't appeared since season 5. I wouldn't expect them soon, but it's possible because it would be extremely pleasing to fans.
Personal wishlist:
Locomotives: Stepney, Murdoch and Stanley
Rolling stock: Tar Tanker and Red Express coaches rerelease, Spencer's brake coach and the breakdown train
Buildings: Tidmouth Sheds and Knapford Station rerelease, as well as the watermill

Angelob6660

Quote from: JLK2707 on January 07, 2021, 06:05:53 PM
I just hope that the tar tanker wagon will be brought back to HO scale as troublesome truck #7. Also cp5150, why is Mattel just so desperate to erase the history of Thomas and friends from season 1-24? Also, what do you think of the season 25 reboot? Will you be watching any episodes or do they sound just too corny for your enjoyment?

Since I returned in season 16 during the Shannon Miller era. I been struggling watching the newer episodes from season 12 and newer current BWBA ones.

I'll try but Thomas seems watered down for my taste. I'll wait and see.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Spaceman224456

I might be a little late on this but here's what I would want to be revealed this year

HO/OO engines
Stepney
Salty reintroduction

Rolling stock
Red express coaches reintroduction
Orange coaches
Explosives Vans
Scrap Trucks

Non-rail vehicles
Trevor
Bulgy

Resin buildings??
Great Waterton Station, pedestrian bridges, and water tower
Tidmouth hault/ the seaside station

Narrow gauge engine
Sir Handel

Narrow gauge rolling stock
Red Narrow Gauge coaches (with face)
Green and cream narrow gauge coaches
Troublesome slate trucks

N scale engines
Mavis
Toby
Edward?

N scale rolling stock
Idk red branch line coaches
Express coaches?
Troublesome trucks 3-5

Others
Snowplows (Donald and Douglas)

That's about it really.  It's more of a wish list than a prediction list...

BGM Reviews

Since we are probably getting close to the reveal (hopefully in the Trainworld stream on the 27th) I thought I'd give my predictions for 2021.

HO/OO Scale
Sidney
Stepney or Ryan

Rolling Stock
Explosive Van
Toby's Museum Coach
BMQ Wagon

I'm not sure what else they could release but I would like to see some other resin buildings, my biggest home is Ffarquhar Station.

Narrow Gauge
Sir Handel

Narrow Gauge Rolling Stock
BMQ Open Wagon
Green and Cream Coaches

I think having a Blue Mountain Quarry open wagon in both HO and Narrow Gauge would make sense to me.

Large Scale
Mavis

Rolling Stock
Henrietta
Red Coaches

N Scale
Gordon/Henry

Rolling Stock
Troublesome Truck #3
Express Coaches (Red or Green)

Although I don't collect either Large or N scale I though I'd give my thoughts on what we might see.

I still would like to see an HO/OO BoCo or Derek but those seem quite unlikely.

TerencetheTractor525

It seems that the Thomas motorized line just revealed a new troublesome tanker that will be part of a new Percy Takes the Plunge pack:

Ironically, Percy and the troublesome wagon have CGI faces, but the face of the troublesome tanker is based on one of the faces from Toad Stands By, a model series episode, and it looks absolutely stunning!

Fans have already suggested it for a future Troublesome Truck #7: https://twitter.com/SodorRyModeler/status/1350846386359726083

I'm all for it!
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Chaz

Now THAT I would buy in a heartbeat!  I wouldn't be wild about the color but that would be an easy fix. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on January 17, 2021, 12:07:51 PM
It seems that the Thomas motorized line just revealed a new troublesome tanker that will be part of a new Percy Takes the Plunge pack:

Ironically, Percy and the troublesome wagon have CGI faces, but the face of the troublesome tanker is based on one of the faces from Toad Stands By, a model series episode, and it looks absolutely stunning!

Fans have already suggested it for a future Troublesome Truck #7: https://twitter.com/SodorRyModeler/status/1350846386359726083

I'm all for it!
I am SHOCKED! A Model Series face. I might actually buy that. Also, a well-known fan that makes fan content who goes by "TurtlesAndThomas" seems to have indicated on Twitter that he's been working on something that might be involving Mattel themselves and be something great for fan relations. Take that with a grain of salt, though.

Rodimus Supreme

Another thought. A number of people have asked for an HO/OO Scale Toffee Tanker, which is orange, just like this truck. Perhaps Bachmann will do the Toffee Tanker design as a Troublesome Tanker using this face?

Rodimus Supreme

Just saw that Bachmann responded to some fan speculation of a Troublesome Tanker based on that Trackmaster one from them in a cheeky way. Looks like it might be on the table.

Toad139

The face on the motorized line wagon looks absolutely great! It is more in line with what I was hoping for when Bachmann announced Troublesome Truck #6, and I think tanker with a face like that would be great for a future troublesome truck model. I've suggested in the past that making a tanker with a classic face would be the perfect way to bring the TAR tanker back into the range, and I still stand by that, but the face is definitely the most important aspect. As long as it has a proper classic series face, the livery doesn't matter all to much to me.

plas man

not into Thomas but looking thru' Hornby (UK) new loco for 2021 - as they used to manufacture Thomas (you know the rest  ;D )

I notice they have used both the 4 and 6 wheel Thomas loco as industrial loco's and Percy also been used as a industrial loco

that's manufacturers - get rid of existing stock ,

happy modeling guy's

Spaceman224456

Alright bois, there is a Thomas specific Bachmann presentation with trainworld on February 16th at 6:00pm! This begs the question, is there going to be Bachmann Thomas stuff in the presentation on Wednesday...

Falcon the 2nd

The event actually takes place on the 18th. Official announcement below:
https://twitter.com/Trainworld/status/1352303098446962691

Regardless, I'm fairly excited it. We've been needing updates on certain products for a while now, and this event serves a good opportunity to make the forum active again after some time of frequent inactivity. Anyone who wants to reiterate their expectations before the event are welcome.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

Spaceman224456

Quote from: Falcon the 2nd on January 21, 2021, 01:08:38 PM
The event actually takes place on the 18th. Official announcement below:
https://twitter.com/Trainworld/status/1352303098446962691

Regardless, I'm fairly excited it. We've been needing updates on certain products for a while now, and this event serves a good opportunity to make the forum active again after some time of frequent inactivity. Anyone who wants to reiterate their expectations before the event are welcome.

I just realized the screw up on the date of the event, but yes I am excited too!!

clrp5150

Seriously though, does anyone know if there will be anything Thomas-related revealed in their livestream at the end of January? I was really hoping so. I'll watch it regardless, but I'll be a bit disappointed if there isn't any Thomas stuff.
Personal wishlist:
Locomotives: Stepney, Murdoch and Stanley
Rolling stock: Tar Tanker and Red Express coaches rerelease, Spencer's brake coach and the breakdown train
Buildings: Tidmouth Sheds and Knapford Station rerelease, as well as the watermill