Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2021

Started by TerencetheTractor525, July 17, 2020, 09:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steakandcake

I don't know about you all, but I think most of the announcements from tootallythomas are not gonna happen. Bachmann has said that anything announced that wasn't from them was nothing more than rumors. But I don't know. Maybe it is real.

Zekeism

Ryan: 58823
Toby's Museum Coach: 76032
Toby's Museum  Break Coach: 76033
Yellow Rheneas: 58605
Blue Brake Van: 77206
Red Brake Van: 77207
Blue Box Van: 77208
Red Box Van: 77209

https://www.trainworld.com/manufacturers/bachmann/bachmann-ho-scale/bachmann-thomas-friends-1/

https://www.trainworld.com/manufacturers/bachmann/bachmann-n-scale/thomas-and-friends/
Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.

TTL

As someone who models RWS stuff and mainly is here for the NG and N stock, this is disappointing thus far. I'm hoping the Yellow Rheneas is just a quick recolor, which it is anyway, to tide over while they work on Sir Handel, which sort of adds up given they haven't tended to announce new NG engines until the previous one is out.
But really, who asked for Yellow Rheneas over any of the yet-unmade engines?
Also, no clue what the box vans could be or are based on, I suppose we'll find out when the catalog comes out and they use some show stock images.
Truth be told, hoping this isn't the entire thing and that they may have some more that won't be in the catalog this year, or that may have just not been leaked as unlikely as that is.
Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

Mulfred100

I'm pretty happy with Ryan. I think he will be an excellent addition to the HO range along side Daisy and if they had to make any CGI character I wanted him. I'm not overly familiar with Toby's museum coaches but I'm sure there was only one in the show however I'm probably wrong. Yellow Rheneas is a bit of a dud one for me personally. I'm not a fan of the whole recolour trend and I'm a bit shocked they chose Yellow Rheneas over Smudger. Yeah sumdger only appeared once years ago but he still had alot of merchandise and I hope Smudger is something that Bachmann will consider in the future. Narrow Gauge box vans also threw me abit. I mean we have box vans. Sure they aren't massive sellers but how will these vans be different but theres not image to go off yet so. But thank you Bachmann for another year of announcements. I'm sure there will be some new n scale items soon and maybe a large scale item or two possibly.

Falcon the 2nd

Well, looks like we're suddenly getting an early peak of things to come-

Ryan is a character I'm not too familiar with since he was introduced past my initial time with Thomas. Regardless, I'm still happy to see him join the lineup! He'll certainly be a worthy addition to the HO engine selection and many fans will be eager to buy him. As the range's second GCI character and an engine without an existing fixed eye mechanism to conform to, the team will hopefully have it a little easier making him than Paxton.

'Toby Feels Left Out' is an episode I've only seen once, so I'm just a little more familiar with the Museum Coach. It looks nice going by pictures on the wiki and both coaches will be welcomed in the growing group of HO rolling stock.

Yellow Rheneas was a left-field announcement, but I'm guessing the Narrow Gauge lineup has gotten old enough to the point where recolors are now viable. I'm also more familiar with this choice having also seen Blue Mountain Mystery once, but I don't even have the original Rheneas yet, so I'm not sure if I would want it. We'll most likely have to wait for a new character after Peter Sam is finished (preferably Sir Handel).

The Narrow Gauge Break Vans and Box Vans are both items I would see myself buying the soonest in this list. Not much else to say about them.

Strangely, nothing new for Large or N Scale so far. Both might get new content after the releases of Large Scale Diesel and N Scale James later this year. Still hoping for another new character in Large Scale and Toby in N Scale.

This is a decent list of new products to start the year, all things considered. I certainly wasn't expecting most of the choices and many people were collectively expecting other options (HO Sidney, N Toby, etc). Time will tell if there is more to the catalogue, but what we've got for the moment is a good even ground that fulfills both fan demand (Ryan, Narrow Gauge Break Vans) and traditional recolors (Museum Coaches, Yellow Rheneas) in small doses.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van