News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

turntable

Started by OLDERTIMER, July 21, 2020, 07:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLDERTIMER

I've searched all over Bachmann's website and Ill be darned if I can find the turntable listed.  Does anyone know how many degrees there are between stops?  Thank's in advance.  P'

Ken Huck

Paul, when you want to respond to a 'thread', log on FIRST, then click the
"REPLY" button at the bottom of the 'thread'.   Then your response will be
added 'chronologically' to the end of the 'thread'.  Some discussion usually
do this automatically, some don't.  This one, you have to be logged on first
for it to work automatically.

HTH

Ken

devillin

I seem to remember that it is 20 degrees, or something odd like that. It's not really compatible with anybody's roundhouse without some modifications. Best deal is to find one of the Thomas roundhouses and repaint it. That's what I ended up doing, it was cheaper and easier that way.

Len

The 46299 turntable tracks are spaced 20 deg. apart, which is a bit wider than most of the other commonly used turntables. It's possible to use small sectional curve sections to get tracks to align with 10 deg. and 15 deg. spaced roundhouse stalls, such as those on the Walthers and Atlas roundhouses. Some trimming of the curve sections might be required to use a 12 deg. stall spaced roundhouse, such as the one by Faller Gmbh, intended for use with the Trix and Marklin turntables.

The current small Atlas turntable uses 15 deg. track spacing. The Trix (2-rail) & Marklin (3-rail) C-Track turntable use 12 deg spacing. The 90, 110 & 130 ft Walthers turntables all have customizable stops, allowing up to 99 tracks. Actually installing that many would involve some custom frog work, as seen in some prototype installations, because the stall tracks would overlap.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

OLDERTIMER

20 degrees, huh.  The Kibri and Atlas roundhouses are both fifteen.  I wanted the Thomas turntable at 10 inches is just enough longer than the Atlas to barely get the Bachmann connies to fit.  I don't know what to tell you Ken.  If I'm not logged on the post and reply buttons don't come up.  So far as how the messages print out I don't think I have any way of controlling that.  You are talking to the worlds biggest bozo regarding computers is concerned.  if it wasn't for the  name being printed on it I couldn't tell you what kind of computer I have.  Sorry. :)

Len

If you use sections of flex-track on cork roadbed you should be able to add a gentle curve to bring the stall tracks into a 15 deg. spaced roundhouse.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

OLDERTIMER

Thanks Len, that's what I'll have to do.  P'

devillin

Something weird is that even though the Thomas is listed as longer than the Atlas roundhouse, it actually has a smaller footprint. When I had an Atlas turntable and roundhouse, I could only fit 6 stalls onto my 8x4, and that was pushing it. My Thomas roundhouse and turntable have enough free space that I could add more than the 6 stalls I have on there now. If the power track wasn't in such a weird spot, I could probably put 4 more stalls onto my table.