News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Command Control Centre

Started by Trevorf, August 13, 2020, 07:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevorf

Can I get the schematic for the above controller or photos of the inside as I got above controller from a friend but it's not working and Resistor 20 is bunt out.

rich1998

Is that the Bachmann EZ Command?
Edit. I am sure someone can give you the value of the resistor and wattage if they have the unit. Easy enough to do.
You will never see a schematic.

Rich

jward

I doubt Bachmann will provide a schematic for this as i'm sure they don't want random people poking around inside the unit. Have you tried contacting the service department?

Assuming you can get a photo of the inside and can determine the value of resistor that burnt out, it begs the question "why?"  Why did this component burn out? What else in the unit is malfunctioning that caused enough heat to be generated to burn up a resistor? Something is causing alot more current to pass through that resistor than the design allows for. Unless you can find and correct the problem, you'll probably burn out the replacement resistor as well.

Did your friend allow a direct short across the track to overheat the unit? Either through negligence (a tool across the tracks perhaps) or a derailment on a switch that caused the wheels of the locomotive to bridge  the rails? You might want to ask him what happened that it stopped working.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Len

It's like Rich and Jeff said. Unless you're knowledgeable enough about electronics to find and correct the root cause of the resistor burnout, just replacing it is a waste of time. And without a schematic, finding the root cause isn't going to be easy. Which is why most electronic devices these days have that, "No user servicable parts inside", warning on them. There's too much potential for creating a fire hazard by just fixing the symptom and not the cause.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.