News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Future layout changes and upgrade

Started by graywolf, August 13, 2020, 05:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graywolf

I plan to make some changes to my layout over the next few months and I was trying to determine where I could find some real estate. Luckily for me I found out that a large asteroid was headed to the section of my layout that contained the Jurassic Adventure Park. Unfortunately my grandson's dinosaurs were headed to extinction. I hope to reconstruct this newly claimed area and some added bench work into a new farm scene and a train storage yard. So bear with me I expect to be busy on this project into the fall.

[
https://images44.fotki.com/v447/photos/3/4102033/16274762/DSCN2612-vi.jpg
https://images44.fotki.com/v1409/photos/3/4102033/16274762/DSCN2618-vi.jpg
/i]

Ken Huck

LOL  :D

Nothing better than a good story-line to lend credibility for the need of
future development.  Hope you got a real-estate agent as good as mine.

Ken

RAM

Well maybe come off of the main at the far end of the layout with street running until you get out of town and the run between the road and the sea port.  Then under the tracks to the ex park, and have a small coal mine. you would need a short run around track.  You might also have a short siding to unload cars at the sea port.

graywolf

Thanks RAM for your input but I already have plans drawn. I find it interesting that you can come up with a suggestion based on the view that my photos offer. The actual area for the addition is behind the camera and extends 7 feet. The existing farm scene that I have off camera to the right will be moved over to where the dinos used to live with a RR line running thru to a storage yard to be built.

Trainman203

I have a very long switching lead at one end that was going to lead to a layout extension that was never built.  That became the remains of the old line, now abandoned, to Crumblyrock, an off layout town on my high school layout that remains off layout today.  But will be on layout if the extension ever gets built.