News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Remove GP 7 Shell

Started by plint, August 15, 2020, 11:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plint

I have a GP 7 with DCC sound and want to remove the shell.  Previous shells needed the couplers removed so I did that.  I don't see any body mounting screws, even by the speaker.  It won't budge so what am I missing?
Thanks
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

rich1998

Try this. I found it searching the forums. A little old. I looked at the paper work in the diagram page and did not see any tabs on the frame. I also did not see any screws.

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,13743.0.html

Rich

Len

The body should be a friction fit and come off after the couplers are removed. Sometimes it helps to run the tip of a toothpick between the shell and metal chassis to loosen it a bit if it's never been removed before.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

plint

So there are no screws on the bottom because the speaker is there.  Even in the exploded diagram.
I'll the tooth pick trick.
Thanks Len and Rich

rich1998

Yes, I looked and did not see screws or tabs on the side of the frame so it must be a tight fit shell.

Rich

plint

I did get it off.  Dopey me didn't see the 2 RECESSED screws by the speaker.  Not what I was expecting but I found 'em and it worked.  Really cheap metal screws.  Stripped one but lucky I had extras.  Really over lubed, too.  Had to clean out extra lube in the gears,

rich1998

Yes. I did see the two screws in the diagram finally. Eyes not so good at 79. Why I stopped model railroading some years ago.

Rich

plint