News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum Consolidation axle

Started by Rluke, August 25, 2020, 01:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rluke

We have a Spectrum Consolidation in need of a new gear and axle.  I see a replacement in the Bachmann parts store but it's shown as sold out. Model: (G813X-AXELBG) Will they be available again?  What happens if the are no longer available?
Thanks

Loco Bill Canelos

HI,

If the original axle is not damaged, you can remove the bad gear and press on a new gear.  While the axle and brass gear is not available the individual gears still are. Go to the parts site and after you get to the 2-8-0 parts list go almost to the very end and you will find the individual gears. Link: https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_142&products_id=538

I have three 2-8-0's, When the first failed I went to NWSL.com  and bought one of their replacement gears and it pressed on wit5h no problem. On my 2nd one I bought the Bachmann Gear and it too worked very well.  That was about eight years ago and the replacements are still working fine.

Here is an eight year old link that might be a little helpful:

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,20755.0.html

If Bachmann is out, I am sure NWSL will help you. 

Good luck with your repair!

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Rluke

Thanks for the reply Loco Bill
Do you thing Bachmann will make more of the brass axle /gear sets again?

Loco Bill Canelos

Sorry I have no idea what they will do, I am not affiliated with them in any way.  Generally I am thinking they will not be doing it any time soon if ever.  I have been wrong before though.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!