EZ Command turnouts do not respond to DCC controls

Started by crosswire, August 26, 2020, 10:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crosswire

I have 13 DCC turnouts and 4 DCC crossovers connected to a DigiTrax DCS52 command station. About 50% of the time, when I power the system, some or all of the turnouts fail to respond to commands. The problem is random. Sometimes the fix is to cycle power to the system and, other times, the turnouts have to be reprogrammed. Some other times, I walk away and return later to find everything working just fine. Very frustrating. The other DCC equipment on the layout does not give me any problems. All of the turnouts and command stations were bought new about nine months ago.

Thanks for any ideas,

Crosswire

pleiku

By any chance have you recently programed a locomotive or consisted a pair of locos? Sometimes Bachmann DCC turnouts need reprograming afterwards. Having a separate programing track helps.

crosswire

As a matter of fact, I did recently program a mobile decoder using mainline programming. As all my turnout addresses are in the 2xx range and all the locos are 0xxx and up, I would not have expected any interference. Is there a work around that could prevent the interference? I have a number of older loco that are being updated to DCC and do not really need to reprogram all the turnouts each time.

I do have a programming track that I use for initial setup, but use the mainline programming so I can see the results of minor tweeks to the CVs.

Thanks for the response. John