News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New 4-6-0

Started by tedyarbrough, August 27, 2020, 04:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tedyarbrough

Mr. Bach-Man,
The Bachmann Facebook page has a photo of Rio Grande 4-6-0 (from a distance). Cant tell much about the tender. Anyway, can you show us the new product? Give us details of new tender tooling? I have to say, if the paint scheme is the one in the photo and on Bachmann's web page, I am disappointed! The white pin stripe is still on the cab and domes, and no black stripe on the bumble Bee cab. Hopefully that can change before the production run. Looking forward to actual photo and details!
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

the Bach-man

Hi, Ted,
I'm eager to see it too!
The cads look great, and we'll post pictures of the samples asap.
As soon as I have one to run we'll post a video.
I'll also look closely at the paint samples and make any necessary changes.
Be safe!
the Bach-man

tedyarbrough

Bach-Man,
Thanks! Anxiously awaiting MORE!
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

tedyarbrough

Hey Bach-Man,
Any updates on tender revisions (new molds), lettering/paint schemes or photos? Update on potential delivery to USA?
Maybe 2021 versions for D&RG 168 and RGS #20 (both currently operating and would make excellent product for Bachmann).
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

Loco Bill Canelos

Ted,

More patience will be required.   I heard from a source that a critical part needed to complete the loco is not available. 
Since the part was sourced from a different country, that country has yet to ship it to China. 

That is all I have, no other details, no idea as to when the factory will get the part necessary to complete the locomotive, and no idea when the new 4-6-0 can be shipped to the U.S.  No info as to when photo's may become available.  No official info from anyone at Bachmann.

I am sure the Bach-man will let us know as soon as there is "reliable" specific news. 

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

tedyarbrough

Hey Bach Man,
Just got the November issue of Model Railroader in the mail today. The back cover has an ad for the new 4-6-0. The Flying Grande paint scheme looks PERFECT! Can't wait to see more. Keep us posted with the updated tender. Thanks for listen ing!
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

rallinen

I understand the wait, but its hard.  I have the Big Hauler, Annie etc., interested in a update model

tedyarbrough

Good Evening Mr. Bach Man,
  Any good news for us patiently waiting on the 4-6-0 in those fabulous Rio Grande paint schemes? Would love to see the updated tender and final paint schemes.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

tedyarbrough

Hey Bachmann,
Give us a new 4-6-0 for Christmas! At least, tease us a little more with photos and updated info maybe? Looking forward to this much anticipated release.
Happy Rails (And Holidays) To You,
Ted