*CLOSED* How to reset to factory values "Sound Value" mobile decoders??

Started by Roberto Lodigiani, September 04, 2020, 06:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto Lodigiani

While learning, I did screwup the CV values of the "Sound Value" mobile decoder. I would like to reset its values to factory setting. Possible? How?
***CLOSED***
With your help, THANKS!, I know now how to do it.

rich1998

CV8, enter 8. Cycle track power. Af6ter a few seconds, the headlight should flash sixteen times for a successful reset and the loco run on address 3.
been some years since I have done that.

Rich

Trainman203

That's correct.  Easier than turning off track power is rocking both engine and tender toward one side to completely break contact with one rail.

rich1998

Trainman203

If he was already fooling with the CV's, it was not on an EZ command.

It would be a boon to model railroading if the EZ command was redesigned to include a CV mode of some kind.

rich1998

Yea. I missed that.  But it might help a new person reading the forums. Some here have had that happen to them. It is in the manual.
Bachmann came out with the Dynamis though.
EZ Command will never be changed.
EZ Command was a starter set.
I had an MRC2K starter set some years ago. About the same. Gave it away.

Rich

Roberto Lodigiani

rich1998 and Trainman203
Both correct. I do have a Digitrax DCS201+ and throttle DT62.

Roberto Lodigiani

rich1998
you say "it is in the manual". I have not found references either in the Digitrax, Bachmann, and SoundTraxx websites. I' pretty good at finding web information and I use the forums as a last resort. Probably I should do the opposite.
In a previous message I made a mistake and said DT62).
Thanks

rich1998

Sorry. I meant in the manual for the EZ Command you cannot reset a decoder. My bad.

If you Google factory reset a decoder you can find the answer. I Google stuff a lot over the years since I retired.
Some times a fetch with Dogpile. Little different answers sometimes.

Rich

Roberto Lodigiani

rich1998
I find it is very easy to forget to include all pertinent information.
But I have another question for you.
I have an HO Bachmann GP7 loco with DCC "Sound Value" by SoundTraxx (not Tsunami or others) on-board.
I want to reset the mobile decoder to factory defaults.
You suggested CV8=8.
Looking at the loco CV's list, CV8 is "Manufacturing ID" and its value is 141 (SoundTraxx).
Is your suggestions still valid?

rich1998

It should be. SoundTraxx makes them for Bachmann. I use to install SoundTraxx in my Bachmann and other brands.
I have one Bachmann steamer with SoundTraxx on board but not a Sound Value. This was just before the Sound Value line came out. Same procedure worked.
Have you ever been to the Soundtraxx site? They have Bachmann Sound Value info. Many never look.

Rich