*CLOSED* HELP Needed to program Bachmann DCC turnout, DCS210+ and DT602 throttle

Started by Roberto Lodigiani, September 16, 2020, 02:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto Lodigiani

I cannot find info using a Digitrax DT602 throttle to program a Bachmann DCC turnout. So far, Digitrax is not help.
***CLOSED***
With the help of many of you, THANKS!, and after finding my turnout was defective, I was able to resolve the problem.

rich1998

Wish I could help. This is all Bachmann products. There might be someone here with a Digitrax controller.
I use NCE.
I thought there were instructions for the DCC turnouts around here somewhere.
Maybe this might help.

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/HO44950TracksideDecoderinstructions.pdf

Rich

Terry Toenges

Do Digitrax throttles all work the same as far as programming?

KB341 Bachmann DCC Turnouts
To program Bachmann's E-Z Command® Decoder-Equipped DCC Turnouts follow these steps: 1. Connect the turnout (or wye or crossover) to a powered section of track (Rail A & B)2. Verify Track Power is on.3. Press and hold the programming button of the E-Z Command® turnout/wye/crossover until switch toggles twice (release programming button).  The turnout is now in programming mode. 5. Press Switch button on the Throttle. 6. Select the desired address on the Throttle (1-100 for this device). 7. Press OPTN button if using a DT40x or DT500 series Throttle, the CV-WR key then the EXIT key on a DCS50/51 ...

https://www.digitrax.com/tsd/KB341/bachmann-dcc-turnouts/
Feel like a Mogul.

Roberto Lodigiani

Terry

I found and tried the article Digitrax KB341. However, the article mentions DT40x or DT500 series throttles, and the OPT or CV/WR buttons to save the info. The DT602 does not have such buttons.

The thing is I cannot find any instructions from Digitrax to program a turnout using specifically the DT602 throttle (newest model).

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

Roberto Lodigiani

Terry

I´m hoping too. I am running out of options. Digitrax and Bachmann are of not help. I have spend thousands for this layout thinking that using Digitrax and Bachmann was a good decision with respect of support. Both brands have good brand recognition. I´m very dissapointed with both. I am even considering scrap the whole project and sell the parts in eBay.

Thank you for your time.

rich1998

Try this Group. I use to belong to it some years ago because I used Digtrax decoders.

https://groups.io/g/Digitrax-Users

They are very active the last I knew.
Companies do change procedure and sometimes do not keep up with paperwork.

There is an IO Group for Bachmann and other DCC companies that are quite active.

Rich

Len

Quote from: Roberto Lodigiani on September 16, 2020, 07:25:43 PM
Terry

I found and tried the article Digitrax KB341. However, the article mentions DT40x or DT500 series throttles, and the OPT or CV/WR buttons to save the info. The DT602 does not have such buttons.

The manual for the DT602 can be found here: file:///C:/Users/Len/AppData/Local/Temp/DT602_Manual_Web_R2.pdf

You want to use 'OPS MODE' programming on the mainline when configuring switches. The 'C' button is 'Read', the 'B' button is 'Write' and the manual explains which other 'soft' buttons match up to the old throttle 'hard' buttons. You pretty much follow the instructions in section 7.2.1 for locos, except use the steps from the Bachmann instructions to get the switch into program mode once you've learned the 'soft' buttons for the operation.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Roberto Lodigiani

rich1998

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)   

Re: HELP Needed to program Bachmann DCC turnout with a DCS210+ AND DT602 throttle

Try this Group. I use to belong to it some years ago because I used Digtrax decoders.

I am active in both groups. So far no echo. I gather that DT602 and DCS210+ are brand new products without too much experience in the field.

AT the moment I'm following LEN advice. Let's see what happens.